4 year old w/ leg braces and deformed ankles? Remove them and walk alone says TSA

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Would you be willing to make that scene with your family their as you wait to board a plane for teh family vacation? Knowing that by making the scene you are probably going to get arrested, miss the flight and most likely ruin the family vacation which you already paid for (a few thousands BTW when going to Disney)?

Most parents/people in that situtation can not afford to do that. & TSA knows is & thus why they can do whatever they like. They have you in their hands as there is no other "faster" way to travel right now that is economical for the public.

It has not yet affected the airlines bottom line and it won't in the end.
    Not sure if it was this post or 1 of the other many TSA post we have but 80% of the travelers just "deal" with the nw regulations & do it anyways. Look at the video of the breast milk incident. The lady was held up for 45 mins on the video. Look at the # of people that passed by without notice or care to what her delay was about. The masses don't care. If it does not affect them they are OK with it.

I see your point and hopefully I'll get to make my scene prior to a family trip, but given those circumstances, I'd likely have told my family to go on without me. I can't say if I was placed in that situation that I would have been making all the right decisions. Even then though, I wouldn't plan on getting arrested, I can make a big scene, but stay legal. I'd be willing to get a later flight, not that it would make my wife happy, but occasionally I'm known to cross lines just to make my point. I'd be willing to sacrifice speed of travel to maintain my own and my families dignity.

On the other note though, it has to have had some impact on the bottom line, maybe not a large enough one to make anyone any difference, but you have 1000's of people nation wide that are refusing to fly that otherwise would. That affects bottom line. In the end as less people fly they'll raise ticket prices and loose even more customers. I do not believe the 80% acceptance poll at all. The people will have their day eventually, and if the 80% is even remotely true then I believe they polled working travelers, those without the choice.

I'm not insinuating that my actions would at all be the correct ones, but if I had a child in leg braces and something of this nature was going down, I would be totally happy getting arrested and having my day in court. I'd be willing to see if I could get a few Disney trips for my family care of TSA.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Would you be willing to make that scene with your family their as you wait to board a plane for teh family vacation? Knowing that by making the scene you are probably going to get arrested, miss the flight and most likely ruin the family vacation which you already paid for (a few thousands BTW when going to Disney)?

Most parents/people in that situtation can not afford to do that. & TSA knows is & thus why they can do whatever they like. They have you in their hands as there is no other "faster" way to travel right now that is economical for the public.

It has not yet affected the airlines bottom line and it won't in the end.
    Not sure if it was this post or 1 of the other many TSA post we have but 80% of the travelers just "deal" with the nw regulations & do it anyways. Look at the video of the breast milk incident. The lady was held up for 45 mins on the video. Look at the # of people that passed by without notice or care to what her delay was about. The masses don't care. If it does not affect them they are OK with it.

Yep. I have done it before. If only you knew how many times I've done it before. My family thinks it's just dreamy to travel with me. My daughters like to fly on different flights than me because of TSA. My GF books her tickets separate from me so that we aren't on the same record.

I've asked a TSA supervisor what she she did before her affirmative action hire. I told her she could and should be replaced by a bucket of sand. LAPD was standing right there. I told another one to go find someone smarter than me to explain something to me. The guy he went and got was dumber than the first one, and I told him that. I told another guy to get someone who at least spoke English as a second language. I called one guy out because he wanted to do an enhanced screening on my ex wife. I pointed out that as I sat there watching he was only interested in patting down hot women. I said he wasn't putting his hands on her. He threatened me with jail. He didn't put his hands on her. In fact no hands were put on her. I could go on an on an on. What happened? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Didn't miss a flight. Didn't go to jail. Didn't get my name taken for a report.

Don't make threats, stand your ground, act like you mean it, and be consistent, and you can say a lot. Not nearly as much as you can on an Interznet forum. But a lot.

Admittedly, that was before the current goofiness. I choose not to engage the insanity. I won't fly commercially until they do. I will exercise my right not to be touched.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    If everyone boycotts commercial flights, you can bet the farm that Uncle Sugar will nationalize commercial flight to save it. Just like they did commercial rail.

If you think things are bad now...welcome to Amtrack in the sky. What could go wrong?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    What I want to know is why the airlines themselves and the lobbyists for the airlines aren't getting involved? In such a downed economy are the airlines really still raking it in? Are they making so much money that they haven't noticed the 1000's or 10,000's that aren't flying due to this kind of crap?

THIS! If we all boycott flight and ACTUALLY make a dent, the airlines will simply go whimpering back to Congress and get subsidies, AGAIN. "Too big to fail" is still in vogue as long as lobbying groups and subsidy seekers are running amok.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    If everyone boycotts commercial flights, you can bet the farm that Uncle Sugar will nationalize commercial flight to save it. Just like they did commercial rail.

If you think things are bad now...welcome to Amtrack in the sky. What could go wrong?

THIS! If we all boycott flight and ACTUALLY make a dent, the airlines will simply go whimpering back to Congress and get subsidies, AGAIN. "Too big to fail" is still in vogue as long as lobbying groups and subsidy seekers are running amok.

What did Bobby Knight say once that got him in hot water? Something like if rape is inevitable you may as well just lay back and enjoy it? I have a better idea. If rape is inevitable, bit the **** off.

There are four options. Accept it. Change it. Complain about it. Protest it.

Won't accept it. It's wrong.
    Can't change it. It's the holy grail right now.
    Don't complain about things I can't change.
    Protest it. Ding ding ding ding. We have a winner. That means don't fly.

If you get on an airplane you are accepting it. Whatever the reason. It's OK if you do, it's your choice to decide if you want to fly or not. But it's a little hypocritical to accept it then complain about it.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    This was probably a relevant story, back in Feb 2010 when CNN posted it.

It's a year old folks... things have changed a lot since then. Yes, they've gotten worse. :D

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    What did Bobby Knight say once that got him in hot water? Something like if rape is inevitable you may as well just lay back and enjoy it? I have a better idea. If rape is inevitable, bit the **** off.

If you get on an airplane you are accepting it. Whatever the reason. It's OK if you do, it's your choice to decide if you want to fly or not. But it's a little hypocritical to accept it then complain about it.

And I agree 100%. I am just stating what would happen in the case of mass protest. But, one thing I am NOT certain on is if the .gov would be as willing to throw money around like the banks during the last recession or the airlines back in the days. I think they would go to Congress looking for money and only get an IOU. :twocents: I think the current .gov would be more willing to throw the industry under the bus than remove their "all too critical" (laughable) security measures.

Besides, I do not fly (flew once to Japan, took merchant marine back). I am terrified of aircraft! :D Even if I wasn't, I would not fly due to all of this gibberish they put upon people to even get on the plane.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield

Yes, but you still get Am-air. I don't know what the corralating methphorical physical assault is, but I'm sure it's unpleasant.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Is talking about it considered "complaining"? We need to complain about it to expose their incompetency and tyranny. The more people talk about it, the more people who will join the fight against it. I think people should be complaining about it, to each other, to the airlines, and to the government.

So complain away people. Silence on the issues only serves the government.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Is the protocol for women TSA agents to pat down women fliers?

Yes, but at the time you had to request it. He was just feeling up hot women. He got his butt chewed out by his supervisor right there in front of everyone. Something to the effect "We've talked about this before, haven't we?". Perverted and stupid.

He came and found me at the gate and threatened to have me pulled from the plane. The gate agent called his supervisor who showed up with an IPD Airport officer and the three of them walked away. Never saw him again. I took it that he was known for these types of antics.

My guess is that fruitcake was promoted and today sets policy for the enhnaced patdown searches. (that should probably be purple but it's him or someone with his mindset)

Top Bottom