• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I think that within 4 years we will have constitutional carry in indiana (NO LTCH REQUIRED) like other states have been passing lately. so I have recomended to afew people not to waste their money on a lifetime permit and just get the 4 year. what say you people of INGO? are lifetime permits gonna be a waste of money soon? :rockwoot: I hope so!

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I"m not a gambling man either. with my track record, if I get a 4 year one now, they will discontinue the lifetime and I'll be stuck getting a new one every 4 years forever.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Reciprocity and interstate travel, I do not think we will have nationwide constitutional carry in the next 4 years. The LTCH doesn't get them all but it has a pretty decent chunk. I also don't expect IL to have anything beyond perhaps a CA or MA style May Issue permit with zero reciprocity.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Reciprocity and interstate travel, I do not think we will have nationwide constitutional carry in the next 4 years. The LTCH doesn't get them all but it has a pretty decent chunk. I also don't expect IL to have anything beyond perhaps a CA or MA style May Issue permit with zero reciprocity.

No, I don't think the pro-gun legislators will go for may-issue. I COULD envision a system that exempts Chicago and Cook County, but may-issue is a no-go. No reciprocity is probably a given.

Muddy_Ford

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Hartford City
    You'll still need your LTCH for reciprocity with other states, just like the do in AZ and Akaska. So for the few bucks extra why not just cover your bases?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I don't sees carrying with out permits due to the revenues generated by ltch.

This /\ . Just like license plates on cars, taxes on your "American Dream" (your home) and a drivers license, the handgun license is just another tax, or source of revenue for the state.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I think that within 4 years we will have constitutional carry in indiana (NO LTCH REQUIRED) like other states have been passing lately. so I have recomended to afew people not to waste their money on a lifetime permit and just get the 4 year. what say you people of INGO? are lifetime permits gonna be a waste of money soon? :rockwoot: I hope so!

Ranger, when does your 4-year LTCH expire?

Awful Waffle

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Honestly, I thought it was a hassle to get the LTCH in the first place, so I got the lifetime because I dont want to have to go back to the city county building in 4 years unless Im held at gunpoint and forced to go against my will.

I absolutely HATE dealing with the government. Maybe we will have constitutional carry soon, maybe not, either way the extra ~$75 was worth me not having to jump through hoops to exercise my rights every 4 years.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    The lifetime is cheaper in the long run. If they ever passed Constitutional carry, I wouldn't feel I wasted money on the lifetime permit. Not after a huge step in freedom carry.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Continue to buy the life time.

If it all goes away then you end up with a nice conversation piece to show your grandchildren. :draw:

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Honestly, I thought it was a hassle to get the LTCH in the first place, so I got the lifetime because I dont want to have to go back to the city county building in 4 years unless Im held at gunpoint and forced to go against my will.

I absolutely HATE dealing with the government. Maybe we will have constitutional carry soon, maybe not, either way the extra ~$75 was worth me not having to jump through hoops to exercise my rights every 4 years.

These were my sentiments exactly. I went and applied the day I turned 18.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    My estimation is that they go OC w/ no license and needing the LTCH to CC before we get full-on Constitutional, so that LTCH will still be a good plan. I'll echo the reciprocity comments of above posters, also.

I'd just like to see states *cough* OHIO *cough* dump their "training required" reciprocity rules.

We won't even get into WI and IL

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I could still see getting one for reprocity reasons. Im a firm believer that we should be able to exercise our right without having to pay for a permit no matter where you live. IMO if you have to pay to exercise you rights then theyre not rights. I do believe that constitutional carry will come to Indiana,the question is how long will it take????

Top Bottom