• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    People drive way too fast when the roads suck. I got passed today by a guy doing 60+ when the roads were so bad you couldn't even see the lane markers. It's the "I gots me a 4x4" attitude that gets people killed. Plus towing more than you should doesn't help either. :D

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    "I gots me a 4x4" attitude? Shoot, I saw a half dozen cases of "I gots me a Honda Civic" attitude going about that fast today during the worst part of the snow fall.

And one of them was texting while doing it.

People are just plain dumb.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    People drive way too fast when the roads suck. I got passed today by a guy doing 60+ when the roads were so bad you couldn't even see the lane markers. It's the "I gots me a 4x4" attitude that gets people killed. Plus towing more than you should doesn't help either. :D

186,000 mps. It's not just a good idea, it's the law! :):

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I was doing just fine in the work's compact hatch back sedan. I saw several overconfident 4WDer's sliding thru lights and corners. The scariest are Subaru all wheel drive with "performance all season tires".

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I was doing just fine in the work's compact hatch back sedan. I saw several overconfident 4WDer's sliding thru lights and corners. The scariest are Subaru all wheel drive with "performance all season tires".

If they just had 'performance all-season drivers' to go with them, it would be just fine.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

:laugh:

image.jpg

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Grew up in the country, snow, ice, watever. There are people who will drive too fast, and people who drive way too damn slow. Ever try and make it up hills covered in snow in a 2 wheel drive truck and get caught behind a front wheel drive car going 5mph? You loose your momentum and fishtail all over the damn place. I'll admit the other day when we had a monstrous .25 of an inch of snow fall I passed a guy cause he was driving 20mph and the roads weren't slick. Couple minutes later I looked back to see a mile of cars behind him who couldn't get around him, and he was in a much larger/heavier truck than I was.

Some people need to slow down, others speed up, and others just need to stay off the roads when they're "bad".

Most of the time I drive my car unless I'm bottomed out cause the non existent highway department, or I take my truck......if I feel like getting sideways a bit.

Yup, passed a couple of those back in the day. Their little all wheel drive going as fast as a meth head on a moped and just pass then in a 2 wheel drive truck fishtailing a little around them.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I just wish people would get out of my way so I can get where I am going, odd I can drive a crew cab truck with a V-blade on the front and two skids of salt on the back and driver faster then everyone else on the road...

Nate@TeamAB

Plinker
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Lafayette
    I just wish people would get out of my way so I can get where I am going, odd I can drive a crew cab truck with a V-blade on the front and two skids of salt on the back and driver faster then everyone else on the road...

This.

Side by side, 10 under the speed limit. I don't care how fast or slow you drive until you form a moving roadblock in front of me. Driving lane, passing lane. Super simple concept.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon

I was plowing and had someone coming straight at me, I think they wanted me to take the snow around them. I just stopped until they moved to go around me.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    This.

Side by side, 10 under the speed limit. I don't care how fast or slow you drive until you form a moving roadblock in front of me. Driving lane, passing lane. Super simple concept.
    Those douchey 4x4 rookies who don't grasp that they can't stop any faster make a hell of a roadblock too when they t-bone someone in the intersection.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Those douchey 4x4 rookies who don't grasp that they can't stop any faster make a hell of a roadblock too when they t-bone someone in the intersection.

We were rolling home during the peak of the weather yesterday (in my 4X4) loaded with equipment from the current project. Saw 3 different 4X4 vehicles struggling to get down the road.
    Apparently the owners did not know what the switch on the dash was for. Put it in 4WD DipSticks

Top Bottom