• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Yes but last I saw this was about a $2000+ conversion and requires at least a tax stamp if not illegal for the average citizen. :(

A belt fed semi-auto shouldn't require an NFA tax stamp. Might be ilegal in some states maybe.

I think these would be too long and be a tactical disadvantage. I'll still to my standard capacity 30 round mags. They are probably just an "IN YOUR FACE YOU DAMN GUN GRABBERS" item. Kudos to Magpul!

:ar15:

:patriot:

Last edited:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I have 5, 10 20, 30, 60 round mags so why would I not want a 40. It is only a matter of time before they come out with a 50 round mag. Don't forget 75 and 90 round drums.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Hey, Colorado! Eat a bag of dicks. :p

On a more serious note, it says "shipping now to dealers and distributors," but our two main national distributors that carry Magpul products don't show it in their system yet. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Tell the truth... are you a gun owner?

:stickpoke:

Just kidding. But that is like asking a car guy if he would really like to squeeze 20 more HP out of his engine...

I had an HK-91 40-round mag that I gave my son. Ack. Car analogy not the same. I drive Corvettes. I have a C5. I will be getting a C7 (and let me tell you, having played around with one it's awesome).

A huge AR mag? Not so much. :dunno:

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I am excited....I am in Colorado and ordered 4 directly through Magpul. They should be here within a week. Kinda blows that in 14 days, all mags over 15 rounds will be illegal to sell/buy/transfer/loan.

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Does anyone actually want a 40 round AR magazine?

Not in particular. I like the ability to shoot from prone. On a home defense gun that might not be terribly important, but I feel like if get through the first 30 rounds in such a situation, I've probably angered the wrong people and a very organized group has come to kill me. Rather have a second magazine in case of a magazine related malfunction than an extra 10 rounds in one mag. This is also the reason why i don't own any 40 rounders for my AK.

JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    I'd like to have a couple Surefire 60 rounders, but have heard mixed reports about them and they're costly. These may be worth trying for the price.

Top Bottom