• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    Starting to reload .40. have a kel tec sub2000 and a Taurus 24/7 pistol. would like to find a load that would work in both of those guns. shooting 175 +- grain cast lead bullets with Alox lube. I have loaded for the pistol using 4.5gr Titegroup @ 1.125 OAL and its a great target load. Question is that since Titegroup is such a fast burning powder am I asking for trouble in a 16" barreled gun? i keep factory HP loaded in both guns for defense purposes just mostly looking for a good plinking/training round.

meegz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Delaware County
    My beginners understanding of semi auto carbines is that you can't really go with slow burners in a blowback operated carbine, you will lose too much out the ejection port.

And my Sierra manual I have handy doesn't have any 40 S&W reloading info in its rifle section.

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    I know over on the Kel Tec forums there is a guy using longshot powder with a 90grain 9mm getting over 2000fps out of his carbine. I am not trying to hotrod or set records with my .40 cal, just wanting to make sure fast burning titegroup wasnt going to hurt in my long barrel.

Top Bottom