• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Or so it seems to me. Perhaps the ill informed legislators meant to specify actual 10mm Auto?

I'm not complaining-- moving the right direction, even if not done optimally, is still progress...

apologies if this is dupe.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I would say if you are caught with ammo that is not headstamped on the case "10mm" you will likely have issues. Same with the other new calibers, the headstamp better match the listed rounds on the bill.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I would say if you are caught with ammo that is not headstamped on the case "10mm" you will likely have issues. Same with the other new calibers, the headstamp better match the listed rounds on the bill.

I expect that the law will be "corrected" before implemented. IF the 10 mm Auto is what was intended, they will specify that.

As to the rifle calibers, they were clearly trying to name cartridges, so the headstamp is a good point. In this case, the 10 mm handgun, the law specifically states that bullet diameter (no other criteria) is at issue. If the law were implemented as currently on the books, I could see some issues if uninformed officers don't know that 10mm is metric and there is an imperial equivalent (in which case they need to revamp the tests), but I am pretty confident that if the handgun cartridge uses a commercially available bullet that is 10mm, you should (maybe eventually) be OK.

But why make trouble?

junk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2016
    state of confusion
    head stamp could be deceiving . I have fire formed 30-30 brass to load .375 Winchester . If the officer looks at the ammo I will be fine . My luck he would want to look a little farther .

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    The law says "commercially available 10mm bullet".

If if they don't know what they're taking about they shouldn't be writing laws. Word have meanings.

A lot of commercially available 10mm Auto "cartridges" are downloaded to .40S&W levels anyway.

Top Bottom