• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    I try to not get too wrapped up in gun-grabbing paranoia but I might use the murmurs of 12 and 20 gauge shotguns becoming somehow less legal to motivate me to pick up a nice .410

I shoot long guns left-handed and have always gravitated toward Mossbergs. I'm torn between just getting the .410 version of the 500 pump and something like a Saiga in .410.

My favorite shotguns are a Mossberg 590 and my old rattle-prone 500.

Any recommendations? Am I stuck thinking "inside the box" here?

JaxSaw1971

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I try to not get too wrapped up in gun-grabbing paranoia but I might use the murmurs of 12 and 20 gauge shotguns becoming somehow less legal to motivate me to pick up a nice .410

I shoot long guns left-handed and have always gravitated toward Mossbergs. I'm torn between just getting the .410 version of the 500 pump and something like a Saiga in .410.

Mossberg 500 all day long!

JaxSaw1971

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana

Paranoia?? Whatchu talkin bout Willis?

mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    Paranoia?? Whatchu talkin bout Willis?

I try to "be prepared" and keep my wits about me without running out and buying a case-load of the most recent thing I "heard" might get banned.

I have a friend that spent more on high-cap mags than most people spend on a car. I just kept loading my 10-rounders and went to the range more often.

If the 12 and 20 get reclassified in some way I'd like to have a .410 other than my H&R break-open.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Forget the .410 and stick with a 20 or 12 guage. You will have a better choice of ammo and it will be cheaper. :twocents:

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    Stick with the mossy if thats what youre used to. If you switch to a remington the safety is in a different place and that can be confusing in a stressful situation

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    if you try the Saiga, you won't want to go back... :D

15 rds in a box mag - as fast as you can go....

If they do reclassify Saiga's it will be an import thing. I'm inclined to think that they won't. Rumors on forum.Saiga12.com seem to be inclined towards "safe for now". That said, the price of the Russian Antelope has gone up - the factory is not dumb, and they've adjusted the price to follow the demand. I'd play wait and see.

For the record, I've found the Saiga 410's to be easier to convert and way less finicky than the 12's when you try to get them running right... just my two centavos

broknaxl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    I've always liked the .410. - I saw a Marlin .410 lever action on Gun Broker the other day. I also ran into a .410 upper for an AR platform. It came with 10 rd mags. I thought an AR in .410 would be pretty neat, but I passed it up.

Top Bottom