• Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Photos of new Rossi Tuffy .410 shotgun

Here are a few photos of my new toy for when I travel. Breaks down really small and would be a nice gun to take backpacking where you can't have a pistol. Looks like a clone of the old snake charmer that has been around forever. Nice quality for the price. Going in the back trunk of my car for when I travel. Now that I have the ammo question answered I can go enjoy the gun.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Here are a few photos of my new toy for when I travel. Breaks down really small and would be a nice gun to take backpacking where you can't have a pistol. Looks like a clone of the old snake charmer that has been around forever. Nice quality for the price. Going in the back trunk of my car for when I travel. Now that I have the ammo question answered I can go enjoy the gun.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Very nice! I was wondering if that was the one you were talking about. I had seen ones like them for sale before and almost bought one. After seeing yours I may just go ahead and do it sometime anyways. I need something else to shoot to use up my .410 ammo since I sold the judge and I like the 22 hornet barrel better on my savage 219 instead of the 410 barrel.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    341   0   1
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Just another reason why they make handguns in all calibers. :yesway: I give you respect, Mgderf, in a .45LC, the Judge is just a bit big for my tastes. I have a 8 3/8" S&W Model 29, don't shoot that much, but its nice to have. It wouldn't be the gun I grab when I hear "the bump in the night." I have my 92F and G23 for that.

Really, with all due respect to Mgderf, your choice of defense weapon is all about you. If you're comfortable with a Judge, more power to you. But you have to know your weapon inside and out. Revolvers are great for this, as they are far more simple to fieldstrip (*laughs*) than autos.

I don't know how much experience you have with handguns / shotguns, but no matter what you end up buying, make sure it goes "bang" more than once before you have to reload.

Speak for yourself! My Judge is PLENTY fun to shoot!
    If the Judge IS a "fad gun", it is a noteworthy fad. The Judge is one of the fastest selling revolver on the market today, and the fastest selling Taurus handgun.

Judge has 5-shots

+1 on being comfortable with your choice. The LAST thing you want to do in a harried state of mind is to have to "think" about your handgun!
    Just another plus for the Judge. Wheel-guns are reliable, and almost idiot-proof!:yesway:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Just another reason why they make handguns in all calibers. :yesway: I give you respect, Mgderf, in a .45LC, the Judge is just a bit big for my tastes. I have a 8 3/8" S&W Model 29, don't shoot that much, but its nice to have. It wouldn't be the gun I grab when I hear "the bump in the night." I have my 92F and G23 for that.

Really, with all due respect to Mgderf, your choice of defense weapon is all about you. If you're comfortable with a Judge, more power to you. But you have to know your weapon inside and out. Revolvers are great for this, as they are far more simple to fieldstrip (*laughs*) than autos.

I don't know how much experience you have with handguns / shotguns, but no matter what you end up buying, make sure it goes "bang" more than once before you have to reload.

The OP asked about a .410 shotgun round, and I gave my opinion on the matter recalling my experiences with that round. I personally "sleep with", and carry a wide variety of models and calibers, ranging from a 5-shot revolver in .327 federal magnum, all the way up to and including a semi-auto .45acp. ALL of my HD rounds have my confidence that they will perform the task needed, without undue worry of "over-kill". :yesway:

Besides that, I DO usually have the luxury of seconds to "think". My multi-faceted canine alarm system in pretty much fool-proof.:D

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    I definitely like the stock on the Rossi, better than the old Snakecharmer. The Snakecharmer had that shiny hard plastic that looked like it would break. I need to pick one of those up to complete my "trifecta". I already have a Judge, and a Bond Arms Snakeslayer. Or at least I used to have a Judge, the wife kind of took it over.

Top Bottom