• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Meh. Get a .40 S&W.

Same ballistics (almost), but you would would need to be a reloader.

If you reload, they recommend using .40S&W data, so you gain nothing. Original factory loading was a bit hotter, but good luck finding any.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Meh. Get a .40 S&W.

Same ballistics (almost), but you would would need to be a reloader.

If you reload, they recommend using .40S&W data, so you gain nothing. Original factory loading was a bit hotter, but good luck finding any.

Bingo, your answer right there. The brass is difficult to find and if you find it, its relatively expensive compared to .40. The ballistics are roughly the same with .41 AE factory stuff being slightly hotter. It's a round for the sake of being different. :D

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    I have shot this round before. Im just seeing if anyone else has and what they thought. It is quiet a bit hotter if its factory load than the 40S&W. Originally it was made at the same time as the 40. They even came out at the same time as competing rounds but it lost out due to the FBI and other police forces picking up the 40S&W. True it is hard to find and if you go by what they say with reloading it you get a slightly larger .40 round but if you get lucky and find some factory ammo you can do what my friend did and take out the powder and measure it and go off of those specs. makeing what i think to be a harder hitting round. and just to let you know i own a 40 and have shot many diffrent rounds. I shot the 41AE from the old Jericho 941 it was alot of fun.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Blindzy71
    Top Bottom