41F, How big of a deal is it where you live?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AboveTheBest

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Bloomington
    Ok, I'm fully prepared for a little flaming on this one, but is 41F really a big deal,where you live?

My Dad and I both have NFA items, and we both went the Individual route with fingerprints and the background check at the local level. Besides the wait it wasn't a big deal at all.

I understand how this might be an issue for somebody in the people's republic of California, but are there really that many local PDs in Indiana that are forcing their anti-2nd amendment agendas on us Hoosiers?

I really just don't see what the big deal is...

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    For me, it's more trouble than it's worth. I have eight people on my trust, three of them live in a different state. It would be a pain to round up all the finger prints and pictures just to buy an NFA item. I just got everything I wanted before it takes effect.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Can a Form 1 suppressor be built by a trustee at and parts kept at his/her shop while in progress?

AboveTheBest

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Bloomington
    I could be wrong, but I doubt many here in Indiana have a trust solely to avoid Leo sign off.

Then that answers my question. Things I have read on other forums lead me to believe this was the major drawback of 41F (besides the obvious further infringement of 2A).

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    I have a NFA item my first can not on a trust and it was not a big deal. But my other 4 items are going on a trust not to avoid the LEO sign off, shoot the Brownsburg chief signed mine and they called 30 mins after I dropped it off. I have the trust so if my "trunk" gun is in my car and my wife gets hassled or needs it shes on the trust too. Or if something was to happened to me my wife and then kids get the stuff with out a issue at all. I also like that I can have my brother in law on it so if for whatever reason something happens to my wife and myself there is a "like minded person" who can watch the guns till my kids can become trustees. That's my thoughts......

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I sounds like a big deal to my area. CLEOs sign-offs are like unicorns out here. All the focus is on what it does to trusts, but I have not seen a very comprehensive outline of all the changes. It sounds like it opens up the door for individuals that otherwise would not get a sign-off. I haven't had time to go through all 240 odd pages, and go through them again, and again...

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I think I'm the only person around me thats heard of it, which is frustrating. None of my buddies are into NFA anything, and while they like guns and NFA stuff, it "doesnt affect them". Im tired of explaining it to friends and family.
    I have two items I got before my trust. LEO sign off was a breeze, and I've never really had any "issues". I know people have, and I may be an exception, but I made a trust only for convenience if my wife wanted to use anything, dad wanted to use anything, and overall convenience. I have a kid on the way too, so passing things down when I kick the bucket was a big deal to me too.
    While I could put up with the 41F/P BS if I wanted to, I'd rather not. I've done what I can to get anything I'd need/want and hope I can avoid the changes. Now I'm sure at some point I'm gonna fall in love with some new piece of machinery and submit to the prints, pics, and LEO stuff, but my plan is to pretty much call it quits when it goes into effect.

I've talked to gun shop guys that think it will actually boost sales to the casual buyer (only one or two things) submitting as an individual, as thats supposed to be easier. as a whole I think it will hurt NFA sales.

Top Bottom