• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tweekie1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Did any of you recieve a copy of your 4473 form when you bought your gun? The reason I am asking is I bought a new Beretta Px4 and they have a promo on there web site(berettausa.com) for a free:rockwoot: HI-CAPACITY magazine. They require a dated sales receipt and copy of completed 4473 to be eligible.

tweekie1

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Did any of you recieve a copy of your 4473 form when you bought your gun? The reason I am asking is I bought a new Beretta Px4 and they have a promo on there web site(berettausa.com) for a free:rockwoot: HI-CAPACITY magazine. They require a dated sales receipt and copy of completed 4473 to be eligible.

tweekie1

I've bought a crapload of guns. and not once have I received a copy of my 4473. That sure is an easy way to disqualify people out of their "free" magazines.:rolleyes:

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    HI-CAPACITY magazine.

There are two types of magazines. STANDARD-CAPACITY MAGS(what the gun was meant to hold.) and LOW-CAPACITY MAGS(10 round mags mandated by unconstitunal laws) By using the terms that the anti's created (HI-CAPACITY MAGS, Assault Weapons, Sniper rifle, ect...) we are only helping there cause.

:soapbox: Sorry for ranting.:ranton:

Now to answer your question, no I have never recived a copy of a form 4473 after purchasing a gun.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Providing a copy of a 4473 makes no sense to me. That form contains personal information that is really not a manufacturers business. I do not understand what a manufacturer could gain by requesting a copy of a 4473.

tweekie1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    form

I sent an e-mail asking them why they wanted the 4473 form. I'll post there answer when recieved.

tweekie1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    Sending in a copy of the 4473 has no relavence. The only thing I can think of is that they want it to make sure it is legal for you to own a high capacity magazine. Still, too much personal information.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    The whole time I spent selling firearms, I was told we could not copy or give copies of the 4473. May just be who I worked for though.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    There are two types of magazines. STANDARD-CAPACITY MAGS(what the gun was meant to hold.) and LOW-CAPACITY MAGS(10 round mags mandated by unconstitunal laws) By using the terms that the anti's created (HI-CAPACITY MAGS, Assault Weapons, Sniper rifle, ect...) we are only helping there cause.

:soapbox: Sorry for ranting.:ranton:

Now to answer your question, no I have never recived a copy of a form 4473 after purchasing a gun.

Most of the time, I would agree with you. I know, however, that Glock, for example, makes a 33 or so round mag. I have also seen a "Beta" mag for a 1911, which IIRC is designed to hold what, 50? 100? rounds. These are not "standard" and they certainly are not low capacity. I don't know what Beretta is providing, but I think that adamant statements like this, while well-intentioned, go a bit too far. I fully agree that a 10rd mag is not, in most cases, "standard", so a 12-rd mag, in most cases, is not hi-cap. (1911 would obviously be an exception to that)

To answer the OP, I've also never gotten a 4473 back, but I suppose it would be easy enough to ask them for a copy of it at time of purchase.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    It is not SOP (Standard operating procedure) for shops to provide a copy unless it is requested. I have needed to get a copy once before for a promotional deal with Sig and it was quick an painless. Just went to the shop and asked for a copy of it and he looked it up and made the copy for free.

tweekie1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    The mag they are showing as hi-cap is a 14 round,on sale for $19.95. Not worth it to drive 40 miles to try getting a copy of the 4473. Really do not want them having all my info either. Thanks for the replys.

tweekie1

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    FNH wanted the same thing when I did my ps90 rebate.

Look closely and you'll find they probably (like FN) will also accept a "refusal" form your dealer needs to sign.

I had my FFL do that, even though he was willing to copy the 4473. Total BS IMO to require a 4473.

The sales receipt should suffice.

Top Bottom