• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Bullseye, Clays or Win231. Of those three I am currently running 3.9 - 4.0 grains Clays under 230 grain coated lead

BluedSteel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2018
    Huntingburg
    In a .45 ACP you could probably get by with peanut butter.

Don't try this with the chunky kind. Or a generic. Nutrition is important in a .45 ACP . . .

But seriously, Red Dot powers most of my plinking loads. It's convienent being able to use the same powder in your handguns and scatterguns. Unique does just as well and works in a nice variety of calibers as well. 231 works ok and I have used it, but it's not a versatile as Unique so I don't use it anymore.

And the INGO majority is correct: all lubed lead bullets will smoke regardless of the powder used. With the possible exception of that peanut butter thing. George Washington Carver may finally have met his match.

JohnArgent

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2018
    Colorado Springs
    I found it by accident during the powder shortage I was given several pounds of Green Dot for free, I trusted the source and it was unopened, Sooo I said thank you very much. When I started looking at what I reloaded, I first tried it in 20ga , very nasty dirty was not satisfied. I collect old reloading manuals so I started looking at the other cartridges I load for and stumbled on it which worked out really well since I was out of HP-38.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I found it by accident during the powder shortage I was given several pounds of Green Dot for free, I trusted the source and it was unopened, Sooo I said thank you very much. When I started looking at what I reloaded, I first tried it in 20ga , very nasty dirty was not satisfied. I collect old reloading manuals so I started looking at the other cartridges I load for and stumbled on it which worked out really well since I was out of HP-38.

Dad used to reload .38 special and .41 mag wadcutters with green dot. Dirty but shot just fine.

JohnArgent

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2018
    Colorado Springs
    Yep definitely looks like green dot, at the time figured I could deal with a little extra cleaning to keep shooting. I will have to admit tho I wish I had kept a photo of the 20ga cases I fired looked like I had been storing them in an ash box

Top Bottom