• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zgunbear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    I am starting this same project

Pics of the converted SKS... it works as a simple blow back...gas system is inop...uses Glock mags

sks2.jpg

sks1.jpg
    Can you help me get in contact with this gunsmith? I have a few ideas of how to do the conversion but information from someone who has done it would be a great help.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Sorry, the gentleman who did this build asked me not to give out his personal information. He is not an active gunsmith and only does builds like this for his own use. Even advising someone would leave him open to liability lawsuits which he does not carry insurance for.

I can try to get a few more pics of things like the bolt mods but I won't be seeing him for a few more weeks.

zgunbear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Bolt pictures would be great I know I will need to weld the bolt and carrier together I just am not sure if I will need to grind the locking area off of the bolt. Also can you find out if he used a threded receiver or pressed and pinned the barrel.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    So are there any legal ramifications to using the mech-tech type of gun?
    I have an old non-ramped RIA double stack .45 that uses para P14 mags, and it would be cool to have a carbine that uses the same mags as my Para P14 pistol.

Since the BBL would be 16+",when made into the carbine, would it actually be classed as a long gun, even though the lower is a pistol?

Isnt it "illegal" to have a pistol with a stock on it?, even if the bbl has been changed to exceed 16"?

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Sunday I traded my Feather USA 45 carbine that I had bought the previous weekend, for a Marlin Camp 45 :D :D :D The Marlin is what I originally wanted. So I'm a happy camper! :D

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    So are there any legal ramifications to using the mech-tech type of gun?
    I have an old non-ramped RIA double stack .45 that uses para P14 mags, and it would be cool to have a carbine that uses the same mags as my Para P14 pistol.

Since the BBL would be 16+",when made into the carbine, would it actually be classed as a long gun, even though the lower is a pistol?

Isnt it "illegal" to have a pistol with a stock on it?, even if the bbl has been changed to exceed 16"?

It is perfectly legal and it is legal to change it back and forth.

junglerogue

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    SAV, ELP, DFW, SBN,
    I'm surprised no one mentioned this before, AR45 made by Justin of CNC gunsmithing fame. I always thought it would be cool to try sometime as I've always been a fan of the UMP, but this platform seemed to be less elite and more after market accessible.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Not cheap but an HK UMP/USC can be a lot of fun. I love shooting my UMP/USC conversion and the thing is dead accurate.

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    Hi Point just released a 45 cal carbine MSRP is around $330.00
    Not sure I'd buy a first generation. I love my 9mm HP - just cheap fun.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I bought a Mech Tech on GunBrokers, it came with a Glock 21 Gen3; TruGlo scope; 4 13 rd magazines; NcStar light and laser; extended slide release for $750.00. I just could not pass on it.

Top Bottom