• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Irukanji

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    SW Indiana
    Springfield Range Officer is excellent IMO. They are known for being great shooters, mine is excellent!!! The Parkerized finish is durable, and the price seems closer to what you want. I would recommend reading up on them!!! Good luck!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :laugh: Thought I would give you a chance. I've had zero experience with RIAs so I can't speak in favor or against them. I've owned two 1911s and they've both been Springfields.

If that is all you can afford.....roll the die I guess. Just remember it is a dice roll.........Took a nap.....:)

Edit....The OP has a better budget than this. Why buy a Pinto when you are looking for a Mach-1...:dunno:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If that is all you can afford.....roll the die I guess. Just remember it is a dice roll.........Took a nap.....:)

Edit....The OP has a better budget than this. Why buy a Pinto when you are looking for a Mach-1...:dunno:
    I agree. Buy the best you can afford according to your budget. On the other hand there is much to be said for waiting abit longer and saving to buy better quality instead of settling for less and possibly regretting it. Been there, done that.

00Buck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Near Martinsville
    My experience, I'm not claiming to be an expert, for the money you can not beat an STI Trojan 45 acp. Other may have another experience but I can confirm that a Trojan will out shoot the NIB example Springfield TRP every day of the week.

The brand new example TRP that I fired from a ransom, although it was better looking than the Trojan, was no comparison to the STI Trojan.

I should note that I did not take any time to work up any loads for the TRP.

Just my .02 cents

Top Bottom