• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dwhizzle74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Hey I came across a raging judge magnum thy shoots the 454 casull I was just wanting to hear some stories about that round from the range to hunting I don't know much about it so if I could have some input I'd appreciate it thanks

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    love love mine. I have the older 5in taurus raging bull. I can shoot 45colts just to plink and full house 454 for real thumping. I also shoot the 454 in a lever gun I love the caliber. Lots of options heavy hard cast lead bone crushers down to soft shooting wad cutters and hps.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Recoil and noise levels are hard to beat. If you've never shot a super magnum, it's hard to describe. With the .454 you can hunt any North American game within your abilities as a shooter.

gixer454

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Logansport
    I am an avid fan, you can come down to my neck of the woods and shoot mine anytime!

I am shooting a Raging Bull, 6 1/2 barrel. 45 Long Colts are like shooting a 22. 250gr 454 loads have a small bite and 300 gr loads sting like a bee! If ammo was cheaper I would shoot mine every day!!! I reload for both 45 LC and 454 and accuracy is excellent with 250 XTP MAG and No. 9 powder.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    454's are real monsters. If you're into the blood and guts of a 'super-mag,' more power to ya.

I'd recommend shooting 45LC's as a practice load. But those too aren't too shy.

Maybe you should just pistol whip the deer to death. :)

Good luck.

JB75

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    fort wayne
    I have a 454 ruger alaskan with a 2 inch barrel. It makes the other people on the firing line usually stop and ask what i'm shooting. It does have a bit of kick.

gixer454

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Logansport
    454's are real monsters. If you're into the blood and guts of a 'super-mag,' more power to ya.

I'd recommend shooting 45LC's as a practice load. But those too aren't too shy.

Maybe you should just pistol whip the deer to death. :)

Good luck.

Mental picture-Jump on the deer's back from a 15' deerstand with an indian outfit (including moccasins) and a bowie knife in my mouth and stab the animal to death, at which time a death dance and a 10 minute chant is in order to clebrate the kill, painting my face with deer blood.... Should I eat the heart right there or wait until I get home to share it with the kids and the dog??????

Top Bottom