• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 79BRUISER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Looking for feedback on the 458 socom round on the AR platform. I pretty sure this will be my next build, but some feedback would be appreciated.

Which upper your using would be appreciated also.

I'm planning on reloading ammo, and this will be my first experience with reloading. Any advice there would be helpful also.

Thanks in advance, Bruiser

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I don't have one yet! I wanted to build one also, but quickly found out you are better off buying the RRA upper or complete rifle. The only barrel I can find ready to go is $400, so that makes the build a little high. Fireball is a good guy to talk to about the .458 socom, he is a INGO advertiser, BFG Cartriges and does some fantastic work. I did hear RRA is now doing a mid length now that balances a little better.

shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    Will be using the 458 socom for the first time deer hunting this season. I built a complete gun using a RRA Mid-length upper and a TI T15BDX billet lower. The mid-length does balance out the weight better. So far I've shot about 15 rounds of 405 gr. Bought some 300 gr. hornady interlock, remington hp, and barnes ttsx to try out.

79BRUISER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    I am looking at the RAA upper but it is backordered for 30-45 days. $725 for the upper is the best price I have found. Maybe someone has another source that cheaper.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I am looking at the RAA upper but it is backordered for 30-45 days. $725 for the upper is the best price I have found. Maybe someone has another source that cheaper.

Fireball had them advertised for $695, he's at the 1500 shows I think most of the time. Gotta support the INGO advertisers.:ingo:

cigarman454

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    East Central, IN
    I have a RRA Mid-length upper with a RRA lower 2 stage match trigger. This is by far my favorite rifle. I am shooting Remington 300 gr. JHP, 36.5 gr. WIN 296 and Win LPM primers if I do my part it will shoot 1/2" groups at 100 yrds. Going to try it out at 200 yrds range this weekend. I have always been a big bore fan anyways. These guns are fun. My son shot s nice buck last year and my Daughter is doing the youth hunt with it this year, she is 14. If you decide to try this load work up to this powder charge slowly watching for pressure signs.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Marty Ter Wemme was selling a custom match grade upper over on arfcom. You should be able to get a good buy if he still has it. Contact him via Teppu Jitsu website.

I bought one of his uppers second hand and love it.

Top Bottom