• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Sounds like I need to study up on the values of my 1911's. I have two that were daily carry and steady competition guns until a couple seasons ago. They have now become safe queens and I don't want safe queens.

Every serious pistolero such as yourself needs a 1911. Even if it sits in the safe. Just like everyone needs a Glock 19 sitting around. Those are just one and two, bread and butter for handgun guys.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Every serious pistolero such as yourself needs a 1911. Even if it sits in the safe. Just like everyone needs a Glock 19 sitting around. Those are just one and two, bread and butter for handgun guys.

I may keep one, but we will see. Everytime I clean house, even a little, I am happier. As will someone else be happier shooting my sweet 1911's. :)

You know me VERT, I'm not real shy. If I need a 1911, there are plenty of friends to borrow from.

The real question is how much I want to spruce up the 1911's vs selling them as is, with all their current "character?"
    I certainly need to have a gear sale too. Lottsa holsters, mag carriers, mags, tools, etc.

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I may keep one, but we will see. Everytime I clean house, even a little, I am happier. As will someone else be happier shooting my sweet 1911's. :)

You know me VERT, I'm not real shy. If I need a 1911, there are plenty of friends to borrow from.

The real question is how much I want to spruce up the 1911's vs selling them as is, with all their current "character?"
    I certainly need to have a gear sale too. Lottsa holsters, mag carriers, mags, tools, etc.

Just pack it all up and come over to my house for a beer. I have too much stuff laying around as well. Getting hard to hide it all from Mrs.VERT.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Have used both S&B and Wolf. No problems with either going bang. The wolf do get stuck in primer tubes and can be hard to seat with hand primer. Bought them cheap after SH and won't buy anymore.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    SPP in 45acp is irresponsible

I agree, but I will have 500ish pc's to get rid of. Still sorting and a bunch of bullets to pull for the actual count.

It seems foolish for me to scrap the small primed brass when I can make three times the money selling it? :dunno: Once the Single Stack folks discovered my add, I sold 6K LP brass pretty quickly, at a better price than they could match commercially purchased.

----------------------------------------------------------

On another note, sorting through my mixed range pickup brass has turned up thousands of .40 S&W brass.
    I cleaned a couple thousand and yesterday gifted them to some gents that gave me all of their .45's over the years. Still have lots more. If there is interest, my add is here:

.40 S&W Brass For Sale

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I agree, but I will have 500ish pc's to get rid of. Still sorting and a bunch of bullets to pull for the actual count.

It seems foolish for me to scrap the small primed brass when I can make three times the money selling it? :dunno: Once the Single Stack folks discovered my add, I sold 6K LP brass pretty quickly, at a better price than they could match commercially purchased.

----------------------------------------------------------

On another note, sorting through my mixed range pickup brass has turned up thousands of .40 S&W brass.
    I cleaned a couple thousand and yesterday gifted them to some gents that gave me all of their .45's over the years. Still have lots more. If there is interest, my add is here:

.40 S&W Brass For Sale

Wow it seems a shame to pull the bullets on those 200 grain wadcutters you had listed. You still have a 1911 to put them through and 4.4 grains of Clays under a 200 grain bullet would be a good load.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wow it seems a shame to pull the bullets on those 200 grain wadcutters you had listed. You still have a 1911 to put them through and 4.4 grains of Clays under a 200 grain bullet would be a good load.

No, sorry I wasn't clear. Those reloads sold to a very happy buyer who realized the great deal.

The bullets I have to pull are any duds I reloaded (high primers, no primers, upside down...) or whole loaded cartridges that were picked up with range scrap brass. The brass will add to the for sale count, be they LP or SP primers. Those numbers aren't that high though, so they may have to wait for more accumulation for a larger lot to sell.

Most everything 45ACP has sold. I have yet to list the 10k LP primers or 8# jug of Clay Dot.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    No, sorry I wasn't clear. Those reloads sold to a very happy buyer who realized the great deal.

The bullets I have to pull are any duds I reloaded (high primers, no primers, upside down...) or whole loaded cartridges that were picked up with range scrap brass. The brass will add to the for sale count, be they LP or SP primers. Those numbers aren't that high though, so they may have to wait for more accumulation for a larger lot to sell.

Most everything 45ACP has sold. I have yet to list the 10k LP primers or 8# jug of Clay Dot.

No 1911s in a pistolero's safe gives me a :(

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No 1911s in a pistolero's safe gives me a :(

Shameless plug:

WTS: Custom Carry 1911

rimg.php