• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deadsquirrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carmel
    Anyone convert their glock to shoot 460 Rowland? Been reading about it quite a bit and really interested. Seeing if anyone around here had direct experience to share. Would either ream a silencerco barrel out to accept the cartridge or buy a lone wolf barrel and the appropriate upgrades (compensator, recoil spring...etc)
    I feel it would make a great option for a hand cannon without shelling out the bucks for a 44 mag and the reviews on other sites are very positive overall :ar15:13+1 rounds of 44 mag power in a Glock sounds like a heap of fun
    Thanks

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    My only concern would be the case not being fully supported, that Glock smile could become a Glock blowout if not done properly. I shoot the 460 but in my 625, never notice any bulges with it.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    My only concern would be the case not being fully supported, that Glock smile could become a Glock blowout if not done properly. I shoot the 460 but in my 625, never notice any bulges with it.

.460 Rowland is a longer case than .45 ACP, so the barrels are designed specifically for the cartridge. No issues with chamber support, because you can't use a Glock barrel.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    .460 Rowland is a longer case than .45 ACP, so the barrels are designed specifically for the cartridge. No issues with chamber support, because you can't use a Glock barrel.

Seeing as I shoot the round I do know the case is longer...no brainer there, and the OP was talking about reaming out a 45 ACP barrel to take the longer case, as I am not familiar with how well the Silencerco barrels support the case I voiced a concern about insuring there is proper support.

btw the 451 Detonics case is also longer but the cases made from .308 cases are very strong.

45 ACP 451 Detonics 45 Super 460 Rowland 45 AR
    45loads-1-1.jpg

Top Bottom