• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    So I'm watching "48 Hours", the old Nick Nolte & Eddie Murphy movie. Every gun related scene in this movie is absolutely horrible. Cops pulling guns on random people, fingers on every trigger, endless shots from revolvers, guns cocked when they shouldn't be... It's actually hard to watch the movie because everything is just so wrong on every level. I can't even describe it.

That got me thinking, what movies drive you nuts because of the way firearms are portrayed?

:popcorn:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    That's the only good scene in the movie really. It was hard to suspend disbelief. All 4 rules broken in pretty much every scene, plus the pacing was all over the place.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Just about any movie or tv show that comes out of Hollywood that involves firearms bugs me on some level. My fiance usually gets annoyed with me because I "ruin" the movies by pointing out everything wrong they are doing involved with handling and the inaccurate portrayals of shooting (endless ammo, no or low recoil, perfect shots every time with a one handed grip). I try not to let it bug me too much, but some times it's too bad to ignore.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    IN the 180 a movie called "Heat" some real gun handling. I am sure there are some bugs in it also.

I am the one who pick out the advertisements. They coke on the table, the PBR in the cooler, The standard gas station sign. Since I do this all the time I bet I miss most of the firearms bugs. TO busy looking for the advertisments.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    I'm too busy looking for wrong stuff if there are planes (plane nuts represent!), but Live Free or Die Hard had some ridiculous stuff in it. But the first die hard gave us this though...

I'd love to have one of these in my safe...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm too busy looking for wrong stuff if there are planes (plane nuts represent!), but Live Free or Die Hard had some ridiculous stuff in it. But the first die hard gave us this though...

I'd love to have one of these in my safe...

I got my first gun because of Die Hard. I wanted the Hk Hans Gruber carries. Then I saw the price.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I don't get much joy from watching movies either. I'm a Marine, a gun enthusiast and a graphic designer, so I'm analyzing everything from tactics, weapons handling to the use of CG and movie effects. My GF told me long ago to just shut up and keep it to myself.

Recently watched Jack Reacher. On the scene where they show the view from the victims of the sniper to where the sniper was shooting from, I said 'that's an 800 yard shot'. They later stated it was a 700 yard shot, so I got a little giggle inside.

Top Bottom