• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This argument sounds a lot like those we have about guns. :dunno:

Do those that pay the much higher dollars for 4X4, to actually need it maybe a half dozen days a year, have to justify their money spent? :)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

Do those that pay the much higher dollars for 4X4, to actually need it maybe a half dozen days a year, have to justify their money spent? :)

Yep. Most of ingo can be summed up as

“people advising others to make the same choices they did to help validate their own decisions.”

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I'd not trade my 4x4 for the money back. Roughly $2k difference when new, about what leather seats or upgraded electronics run. I know which I'd rather have. Even if I *never* used it.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    wife and I hate leather seats. Our truck is just above the base model with rwd. It was a out $4k more for hte 4wd on ours back in 06 and neither of us wanted it at the time because we really don't need it. It's a choice every person has to make for themselves. But I will tell you this: If you live in town and don't drive out in the boonies in the depths of winter, no you don't NEED 4wd.

But thats what makes this country great. You can get it if you want. You don't have to NEED something to get it as long as you can afford it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have a 2wd Silverado. I don't drive off road, well, no more off road than around the Houghmstead to haul branches to burn and hay for the horse. 4wd would be really nice to have about 4 or 5 days a year in the winter. The rest of the time, it would just be more complication, maintenance and money, so I am perfectly satisfied with 2wd.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    wife and I hate leather seats. Our truck is just above the base model with rwd. It was a out $4k more for hte 4wd on ours back in 06 and neither of us wanted it at the time because we really don't need it. It's a choice every person has to make for themselves. But I will tell you this: If you live in town and don't drive out in the boonies in the depths of winter, no you don't NEED 4wd.

But thats what makes this country great. You can get it if you want. You don't have to NEED something to get it as long as you can afford it.

:yesway:

As for "validation for what THEY bought", well the OP did ask for reasons. People provided reasons. The OP can draw his conclusions as he wants.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If you are shopping used trucks, doesn't the 4X4 vs 4X2 translate to a whole lot more dollar difference? Especially when you are talking extended cabs?

...Sorry for the hurt feewings...
    ;)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If you are shopping used trucks, doesn't the 4X4 vs 4X2 translate to a whole lot more dollar difference? Especially when you are talking extended cabs?

;)

Depends on what you consider "a lot" and the age of the truck. For my truck, a 2012, per Edmunds it's about a $1k difference.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

;)

I know when shopping for 3/4 tons the difference can be $3-4K. 1 ton duallys don't really show that much difference, as the intended purpose is quite a bit different versus a 3/4 ton truck.

I honestly have no idea about how 1/2 tons price out. I swore them off years ago.

Top Bottom