• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Registered for the March 17 5k, but the confirmation email says I'm waitlisted. Does that equal hosed?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I did the Heartbreak (did means I didn't run much LOL) on Friday with the RO's and other volunteers. I'd love to do another one sometime. It does teach you what kit works & what doesn't.

The 5K waiting lists are pretty long (~40 people), the 10k waiting lists not so much (~10 people). If you really want to do one of these get onto the 10k list. I'm on the Rockcastle 10k waiting list myself.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2015
    Lexington
    Registered for the March 17 5k, but the confirmation email says I'm waitlisted. Does that equal hosed?

Not necessarily. Last year, during about the last month leading up to the match, they went through the wait list like Taco Bell through Hop. I don't know how deep the list is, but keep preparing and get ready for the call when it comes.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    I just finished my first 5K Biathlon at Rock Castle Yesterday. It was fantastic! I was challenged physically, Mentally and Practically. I hope this sort of sport spreads. I have done some 3-gun and a lot of IDPA but there is nothing like shooting a stage when you are exhausted and your heart feels like it is trying to jump out of your chest. These events are NOT suited for the novice shooter or anyone who is not in good physical condition. But if you able, I highly recommend it. I will be back.

Dtwentythree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Scottsburg
    Glad you had a good time. It was a great match. Both the 5k and 10k courses were very challenging. Both physically and in shooting difficulty. These matches definitely get shooters out of their comfort zone.
    Quite a few of us that shoot the monthly TSA 2-Gun matches in Batesville were there to RO. I’m sure I met you at some point. I was RO’ing stage 2 (vtac stage).

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    This was my 2nd run n gun, and it was an excellent event. I'm still quite sore today.

If you are a runner and a shooter, you need to get to one of these. You will really find out what you (and your gear) are capable of.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I just found out this type of event is even a thing! I'm posting this to make myself accountable and motivated to get into shape to do one. I broke my leg (ankle area) in Sept. Just yesterday, due to the motivation this type of event has provided, I got out and went for a simple walk. So frustrating, walking my normal run/jogging route! Feeling it today! I'd like to at least safely load up weight and hike this in heavy gear, I'm too old to push it.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Well Doc, you could be in luck. Revere's Riders are trying to put together a biathlon event. Would be the perfect way to get your feet wet then go tackle a run-n-gun.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

snowdrifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Next to Atterbury
    Revere's Riders are trying to put together a biathlon event.

Oh really?

54577446.jpg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If Revere Rider's does one and allows people who are in good shape, safe with firearms, but maybe not the greatest shot in, I'll do it.:)

Plus, if the Revere Rider's event is more local, better yet!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2015
    Lexington
    I am helping to plan Revere's Riders biathlons in Kentucky and Indiana. Two Hoosier locations have been proposed so far; Harrison and Birdseye. I am open to other locales, especially along the I65 corridor south of Indy. These will be a little different than the tactical Run n Guns people have been running in Kentucky, and they will be more do-able for the majority of folks, especially for those just starting out. No special equipment will be necessary. I am still working on various aspects such as the targets and course of fire, but right now my thinking is as follows:

Proposed Revere's Riders "Summer Biathlon" (modified Olympic-type biathlon - shooting interspersed with running)
    Firearms: .22 rimfire rifles only; iron sights and optics permitted, any action permitted
    Target Distance: 50 meters max
    Running Distance: 4 x 1.25K loops = 5K total
    There will be 10 firing points spaced about 8' apart
    Each competitor will be assigned a firing point and corresponding target
    Targets will be reactive so you will know instantly if you hit or not
    Shooters will use 15 rounds total in 3 magazines of 5 rounds each
    Competitors will safe their rifle and leave it grounded at their firing points; they will not carry rifles while they are running
    Competitors will be organized into flights of 10, and will be sent out at 1 minute intervals

Course of fire is as follows:
    Run 1st 1.25K loop
    Shoot 1 round at each of 5 targets from standing, unsupported
    Safe and ground rifle
    Run 100 yard penalty loop for each target missed
    Run 2nd 1.25K loop
    Shoot 1 round at each of 5 targets from seated, unsupported
    Safe and ground rifle
    Run 100 yard penalty loop for each target missed
    Run 3rd 1.25K loop
    Shoot 1 round at each of 5 targets from prone, unsupported
    Safe and ground rifle