• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomcat_AL200

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the 5.11 Range Ready Bag, I own some of their cloths and a Rush 72 Backpack and have enjoyed :rockwoot: them, so I wonder how their bag stacks up? If you haven't hand any experience with one, then what is your recommendation?

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Sorry, I have never used the 5.11 bag but I have used the Midway USA range bag and love mine.

+1 on the Midway USA range bag...I'm hard pressed to see another range bag out and about and the Midway bag gets good reviews on every single handgun forum I visit.

I've also seen plenty of Bagmaster products too, and I picked up one of their small, padded bags and was pleased with the quality. More money though.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    + 1000000 to the Midway Range bag. You'll not likely find one better for the dollar.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    well it sure sounds like the Midway bag is a good way to go! Great info :yesway: to the OP, while i do not have experience with the 5.11 bag, all of the 5.11 brand products i do have experience have been top notch and i would assume their range bag would be great as well, but 5.11 brand is pretty expensive. good luck with your decision

Tomcat_AL200

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    Well I have seen a direct comparison between the two and they are identical except for the materials used, and as you'd expect for a bit more money the 5.11 is a thicker material and better sewing. I don't know much I will stress the fabric, but when I first started learning how to fly, I bought a $100 flight bag, which is a lot, but all these years later as I'm now the flight instructor, I am still using the same bag, and it looks just like new. I'm willing to drop an extra $40 if I only have to buy it once, although I will take another look at the Midway bag as you all seem quite pleased with it. Thanks for all the advice.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    I've had a 5-11 range bag for close to 3 years now.I'm completely satisfied with it.When I go shooting, all I have to pack is the handguns and ammo. There's plenty of room for targets,stapler,staples,knife,pens,paper,cleaning supplies, 2 earmuffs, dozen earplugs,3 pairs of safety glasses. All this stuff is in there all the time and I still can put 4 handguns,8 mags(separate holder for each)and 3-400 rds of ammo in it.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I also have the Midway bag. I've had it for about 9 years and it has been an excellent bag - very durable and strong. I often overload it and carry heavy ammo in it as well and it has held up nicely.

I don't have experience with the 5.11 Range Bag but I do have some of their other items and they have served me well.

My :twocents:...

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield

Whoops!! ;)

Thanks for adding that in. Not sure how I missed it! :dunno:

I will say, that 5.11 makes fantastic products and I don't think you could go wrong with 5.11, I have been extremely satisfied with all of their products to date, however I have no experience with the range bag directly.

In terms of quality and durability, I think the midway bag is put together well, and I carry A LOT of stuff in it. I would guess it ways in the upwards of 25lbs when I carry it around, and no problems whatsoever.

Later today/tomorrow I will try to give a "range bag report" with some pics and show how I have mine setup.

:ingo:

Top Bottom