• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Nice to have a place to go to try them all on. I don't have much luck ordering pants online because all the brands fit so differently. I'm looking forward to going in there, trying them all on, and figuring out which ones work... and in which sizes.

And if you do that and find ones you like that fit, BUY THEM THERE. Don't be "that guy" that uses a retail store as a showroom and then buys online - that's freeloading.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    And if you do that and find ones you like that fit, BUY THEM THERE. Don't be "that guy" that uses a retail store as a showroom and then buys online - that's freeloading.
    Wait whut? You’re actually sposed to buy stuff at stores, and not just coon finger for the net? I heard on INGO that retailers’ markup is too high, and it isn’t necessary when the interwebz gots it fuh cheapuh!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I was disappointed that the 5.11 store doesn't even stock anything in dark navy at the Castleton location. They said it was because of retailer contracts for police/fire/ems uniforms that they are geographically too close to encroach on.

I was surprised to learn that it's due to a 5.11 stocking Fire/EMS store just North of 75th & Shadeland. If I could remember the name of that place & stop in, I'd let you know if they carried and dark navy.

Anyway, I've been to the new store and was impressed by the selection and knowledgeable staff. I have a couple of their pant & they fit me well. They are not as color fast and stain resistant as my VertX though.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Just stopped in for the first time yesterday. Was very impressed. Bought a new bag for travel seems like will be a good fit for a checked bag as heavier duty than most other stuff. I will be going back tomorrow to get a new computer bag. I will need to be careful or they will end up with my freedom ordnance carbine money. As I might get their carry on bag as well.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I was surprised to learn that it's due to a 5.11 stocking Fire/EMS store just North of 75th & Shadeland. If I could remember the name of that place & stop in, I'd let you know if they carried and dark navy.

Anyway, I've been to the new store and was impressed by the selection and knowledgeable staff. I have a couple of their pant & they fit me well. They are not as color fast and stain resistant as my VertX though.
    The guys told me to wash them alone, inside out, with the button fastener fastened for the first two or three washings. They have not bled at all following instructions. I generally wear higher quality than 5.11, but they have really upped there game. I can buy two pair of their Defender Flex Jeans/Pants, to the one pair of TAD Intercept PD jeans I’m used to. The overall quality is less, and they aren’t Made In USA, but dollars be dollars, and parts is parts.

Top Bottom