• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookfish

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I was given a 5.11 Light for Life for Christmas, and I am really pleased with it. It is very bright, and I really enjoy the fact that it can be fully charged in 90 seconds. Anyone else have any good or bad experiences with them?

H&SFarms

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Southeastern Indiana
    I also got the Light for Life from 5.11. i love the fact that it charges in 90 seconds. I got the smaller of the 2. also i like the fact that the smaller one has the tail cap button. great lights

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I'm issued one for work. The battery life is HORRIBLE! It's bright and works great at first but once the battery starts to go down you lose the bright light when you hold the button down. Mine usually goes completely dead after 45 minutes to an hour use. It's not half the light the rechargeable Mag lights are in my opinion.

djjdnap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2010
    the polis of indiana
    Thought about getting one, but figured i wouldn't use it because it wouldn't fit in my holster lol.

edit:
    foot in mouth

Safariland_5187_Light_m.jpg
    Fobus_Glock_Light_Holster.jpg

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I had a light for life for a while. It doesn't use batteries it uses capacitors, so it charges in an instant, however it wont hold a charge like a battery. My maglight with the 3 LED upgrade can hold a charge for months, the light for life can only hold a charge for a couple of days. You can charge it in a minute though so it's not that big of a deal. I'm a big fan of ON/OFF when it comes to lights. I'm not so much into ON/OFF/STROBE/DIM/Whatever. I ended up trading mine and some money for an AK, but don't think i'm talking bad about it. I think it's a great light, just didn't work for me.

Top Bottom