• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Looking to get a pair of these (on sale). My question for those of you who have these is; are they sized for IWB or do you have to add an inch or 2 to the listed size for comfortable IWB? In other words, is the waist size listed what would typically be bought to "fit" or, since they're tactical pants are they including a little extra size in the waist?

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    The tactical Pro pants that I have have a an elastic waist band in the back. You should be fine for anything you carry even with a belt.

I also think they run a little big on the sizes, but that may be that I had to buy longer inseem pants than most.

edit---->I love these pants, they are the most comfortable pants that I own, wish I could wear them to work every day.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    So you're saying, if you wear x" size, then order x" size and the elastic will take care of IWB?

(I typically get my "normal" pants an inch or 2 larger to account for IWB.)

-ski-

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    I wear 5.11 tactical pants six days a week. My waist size is 36. The "large" 5.11 in the long inseam states it's good for waists that are 35 1/2 to 39 inches. I don't CC yet (waiting on LTCH) but I've tried IWB in my current pants on shooting drills all day long, with no problem. Make sure your belt can handle it.

I've bought "factory seconds" of the 5.11 from Sportsman guide in navy with supposed dye color issues. Never found a flaw in them, and got them for $18 buck a pair. Their tough and so far are holding up well. Hope this helps.

-ski-

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I buy my 5.11 a size larger in waist and inseam. The waist for I can carry IWB the inseam is because the all cotton 5.11 will shrink over time. :twocents:

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    I've found 5.11 to be a little spastic in their inseam measurement with some perfectly on and some too short. To account for IWB carry, I order the same waistband size I'd order for jeans - a size or so larger than necessary.

At least that's what I tell my wife the reason is.

Top Bottom