• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    I have always planned to buy a handful of suppressors: .22LR, 9mm and 5.56. Recently added to that list is 45 ACP due to the recent acquisition of an FNX 45 Tactical.

I know very little about suppressors and have not been in a rush to go down this road until now with the coming changes regarding the ATF / NFA trusts and so on....

I was unaware until recently that you could use certain suppressors for multiple calibers.

My question is what suppressor brand and caliber should I look at to cover as many of these calibers as possible? Listed by importance: 5.56, 45 ACP, .22LR, 9MM.

I really don't need to spend the money at all right now but if I can find the right one that won't break the bank, I would like to make a purchase prior to the rules changing.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Griffin just introduced some sort of user serviceable do it all wonder-can like the hybrid. I think that would pretty much do the trick.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've got an Optimus in ATF jail. .22 to .308 and everything in between. I would not be surprised if some time in the future, they release a .45 kit for it, but I wouldn't bet on it either. Just like clothes, one size fits all doesn't fit anyone perfect. Sadly, cans are expensive. More than likely, I'll have the Optimus and then a dedicated .45 can.

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    Not spending money and NFA items all I know is it get expensive. But right first time. I bought a kestrel 556 can and thought I would be good. It loud and to heavy for .22s. I would buy for sure a good .22 can for me I get the most pleasure. I liked the silenerco sparrow but man the G22 from gemtech is awesome too. Then if I could do it al over get like a sandstorm or a omega that can be used for all your center fire up to 308 and down. 556 is just flat out loud even with a can. The osprey 45 is a bad boy for pistol and 300 blk out. There's also the Cosmic by Liberty. It sounds like a good .22 can its small and good for pistol, 10/22 what ever and maybe cosmic is way to go. I found there is no can that can do it all. You almost have to have a dedicated .22 can other then that you can find one to do the rest. Good luck!!! Trust me I have a lot of money out right now I didn't want to spend but wanted to get it all before July. FYI I bet we see 1 year wait times

Top Bottom