• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I am wanting to pick up a 5.56 suppressor but have a couple questions. First, will the 5.56 suppressor work fine with any .22 ammo as well? Second, if I can use it with .22 then do I lose some sound suppression? Third, what are some of the more popular choices around INGO for a 5.56 can?

Thanks

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    It voids most factory warranties to shoot .22 cal out of a 5.56 can. I went the YHM quick detach route and am very happy with it. I purchased it through SSNFA who is a site sponser here.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If I was you I would hold off for a few weeks to see what Gemtec has in store for their tax sale. And it is possible they will offer a can for your likings and they cover the 200 tax stamp fee. That=WIN:rockwoot:

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    After talking to Corey at the 1500 I am looking at the Yankee Hill Phantom QD either in 7.62 or 5.56. I really like how the phantom felt on the front of the rifle and the price is great.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    After that video I can say that the 7.62 is looking like a champ. Do you really think it cuts the sound down enough for no hearing protection?

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    i have the thread on, phantom not the qd, but i would say its hearing safe, i dont know that i would want to shoot all all day like that but for a couple hundred rounds it fine

but heck even a 22 rifle all day can get to you eventually

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Thats the "back up" video. The guy you see on the left was taking the original video which is somehow not on my youtube account anymore.

Youtube has kinda screwed me. I am locked out of my account because I had a hotmail account linked to it and they make you use google now. I have tried changing the email but nothing works so I said screw it and started another one as "Hush Indiana".

I will do lots of videos this summer.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Yes, the Phantoms do well even on sbr's. I shoot them without ears. That 7.62 is a lot of weight on an AR imo. :ar15:

at the 1500 I saw it in person and my buddy was holding it and didnt think it was very much weight at all. his first words while holding it ON THE GUN were "wow thats a lot lighter than I thought it was gonna be! thats not bad at all, maybe I should go with this one?"

Top Bottom