• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Well I was lucky enough to snag a 5-7 off grab a gun today, only problem is ammo is $1rd! This is crazy. What's the deal with ammo for this insane gun! I was really hoping to shoot it but damn. Anyone see any on shelf in Fort Wayne area. Thanks

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    For what it's worth, I have sent several emails as well as attempted to contact them in other ways about the lack of 5.7x28 and they refuse to answer. I would really love to know the truth about "where's the ammo" before I pass into that land where firearms are truly not needed.

Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Yea the two sites I found it was 1$ without shipping. It's insane. I will def check out freedom. Thanks

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The problem with the 5.7 is 2 fold. 1st is the obvious "panic" that has effected everything ans 2nd unless I am mistaken I believe FN has the sole manufacturing/distributing rights for that caliber.

Good Luck looks like a neat option (why else would the Secret Service like it)

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Sad. I had a chance to buy 198 for $40 per box of 50 when I first considered the pistol. Wish I had purchased a few more boxes back then. I waited until I could find American Eagle for $25 per box of 50, and the FN ammo for around $29. That is it's true value, the rest are inflated supply and demand prices. The more people pay $1 per round, the longer it will sell for that price. Those who are buying ammo up just to keep the supply low and make a profit from it will do so as long as there is profit to be made. I have the pistol, enough ammo to use it if I ever need to, but not enough to go through my supply of ammo with no resupply readily available. I will simply switch to shooting other calibers until this supply problem is worked out.

Last edited:

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Wow at that price I would be glad to sell a case of ammo for $2000. Then just wait for it to come back or sell off the pistol and the 90. Sad it has come to this.

MJ06IU

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Indy
    I'm going to sell mine, making a commitment to other calibers. I actually really like it, however ammo prices are a Bit€#!

Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    Honey Creek Bait and Tackle in Bargersville had a few boxes of 50 on the shelf last week. Don't remember the price, I was just glad to see it.

MJ06IU

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Indy
    I'm looking for feedback before i list my FN 5-7 Is $1,500 for a 5-7 pistol, kydex holster, & 300rds of ammo too much? If so, I'm going to keep it cause that's what I have in it.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Woah, 5.7x28mm has existed on shelves within the past year?

Used to be my most shot caliber because it was always easy to come by... Since no one used it.

I'm looking for feedback before i list my FN 5-7 Is $1,500 for a 5-7 pistol, kydex holster, & 300rds of ammo too much? If so, I'm going to keep it cause that's what I have in it.

You'll regret letting go of it.

I haven't considered it with mine for that reason. It's just too unique of a gun, there's nothing out there that really is even similar.

MJ06IU

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Indy
    Woah, 5.7x28mm has existed on shelves within the past year?

Used to be my most shot caliber because it was always easy to come by... Since no one used it.

You'll regret letting go of it.

I haven't considered it with mine for that reason. It's just too unique of a gun, there's nothing out there that really is even similar.

Yeah, that's my fear....kind of why I posted on here, I knew that 5-7 fans would be more likely to convince me to stay. I'm typically not a very impulsive decision maker, even though you have to make impulsive decisions as an enthusiast to take advantage to the occasional good deal. Maybe i'll focus on my other projects and revisit this one at a later date.

Thanks!:ingo:

Ridgeway

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    I won't pay the prices most places online try to sell it for. But it does seem to be coming down. Before it was selling quickly at any price. Now it just sits unless its below $1/round.

Last weekend I was able to pick up 6 boxes of american eagle from cabelas at $23/box. Pretty reasonable price these days. I wouldnt pay much more than that.

Top Bottom