• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    2 a.m. is almost time for me to get up for the day! :): But in all fairness, it's not so much that it's a "dive bar". It's about the neighborhood the dive bar is in. Location, location, location! ;)

Sometimes, it's like Neil Young said...

"See the losers in the best bars.
    Meet the winners in the dives.
    Where the people are the real stars.
    All the rest of their lives."

Actually, that bar is a ****hole and has been a ****hole since at least 2003 when I first started working that ****hole neighborhood.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Actually, that bar is a ****hole and has been a ****hole since at least 2003 when I first started working that ****hole neighborhood.

I don't doubt it. Hence my comment about location, location, location. And I was talking about dive bars in general, not that particular one. I could've phrased it a little better.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    In my youth a group of guys I worked with had a "contest" to find the seediest bar. From the "almost" a winner to the top spot.

#3 The Bee Hive.

#2 Sakitomi (sp) Lounge.

#1 The Office Lounge. (right around the corner from Pick-a-Disease). Four dancing chicks..... one pair of stripper shoes........... Shared.

Honerable mention....... Silk and Disgrace.... My life choices have improved markedly.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    In my youth a group of guys I worked with had a "contest" to find the seediest bar. From the "almost" a winner to the top spot.

#3 The Bee Hive.

#2 Sakitomi (sp) Lounge.

#1 The Office Lounge. (right around the corner from Pick-a-Disease). Four dancing chicks..... one pair of stripper shoes........... Shared.

Honerable mention....... Silk and Disgrace.... My life choices have improved markedly.

I've been in two of those... Sakitumi (that's over in Churchmouse's neck of the woods), but just for carry out, and Silk and Disgrace (now just "The Silk") to take a girl to put in an application. I have also improved my life choices since those days. :):

Top Bottom