garyindiane

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Bright, Dearborn County
    Could'nt find this posted here...
    Crazy about 15 minute drive from my house

Police: No Suspect Sought In Franklin Co. Slayings - Cincinnati News Story - WLWT Cincinnati

FRANKLIN COUNTY, Ind. -- Authorities are not looking for a suspect in the deaths of five people found in two Franklin County homes.
    Indiana State Police Sgt. Jerry Goodin told News 5 that authorities were tipped after neighbors saw a 4-year-old girl wandering alone down Stipps Hill Road near Laurel around 1:30 p.m. Sunday. Deputies took the child to a recreational vehicle on Stipps Hill Road, where they discovered a man's body.
    Deputies then discovered four additional bodies, of two men and two women, in a home across the street.
    The names of the deceased have not been released, but Theresa Richardson told News 5's Brian Hamrick that one home belongs to her sister's estranged husband, who lives with his adult son and daughter.
    Richardson said her sister was visiting the family Sunday. She said her sister's car is still parked at the house.
    Richardson said her sister, Angela Napier, died in the incident. However, police have not confirmed the victims' identities to News 5.
    Richardson said she used to talk to Napier every night, as well as her niece and nephew.
    "I can't call my sister no more," Richardson said. "I actually tried to call them by mistake. Not thinking. That's what's tearing me up. I no longer can talk to them."
    Richardson said detectives informed her that Napier, Napier's estranged husband Roy and their adult children Melissa and Jacob were dead.
    Richardson had a message for her relatives' killer: "You will be caught. You will. You will not get away with this."
    Evelyn Renfro told Hamrick that her nephew was among the dead. She said there had been some drug dealing going on in the neighborhood recently.

Franklin County Sheriff Kenneth Murphy confirmed to News 5 that law enforcement had been called to at least one of the homes in the past, but he would not confirm that it was a known drug house.
    Investigators said Sunday that the suspect was heavily armed and considered very dangerous but did not release a name or description. On Monday, deputies said they were not conducting a manhunt, and they would not say whether they believed the shooter was among the dead.
    Authorities told residents Sunday to lock their doors and windows and to refrain from opening the door to strangers.
    "We've been searching everywhere for people. When we receive a tip on where someone could possibly be, we run out there and take care of that," Goodin said.
    Franklin County officials said the community has been warned to stay alert and schools should consider lockdowns.
    The 4-year-old girl, who is the daughter of one of the victims, was placed in a relative's care, police said.
    Autopsies have been performed on four of the victims already, deputies said.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom