• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    How does that whole deal even work? I dont see any codes or anything, I clicked the link button and it sent me to a checkout for gearhog. Are you supposed to pay them $50 and they give you some code to get $100 worth of ammo?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    How does that whole deal even work? I dont see any codes or anything, I clicked the link button and it sent me to a checkout for gearhog. Are you supposed to pay them $50 and they give you some code to get $100 worth of ammo?

Yes. You have to sign up for GearHog and after you purchase it you'll have a coupon code in your gearhog account for USAAmmo

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I did this a while back for the Brownells gift codes and they worked fine. I'd be on this one, but I haven't heard too many great things about USA Ammo. I'll stick to factory for a little more.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I did this a while back for the Brownells gift codes and they worked fine. I'd be on this one, but I haven't heard too many great things about USA Ammo. I'll stick to factory for a little more.

The few times I've bought their ammo it was because it was on sale somewhere and I had a coupon. Feeding the snub .38 for example... even if it's a bit dirtier or whatever, it's a revolver :):

I place it in the same category as winchester white box from wally world. It's cheap ammo. Cheap in price and cheap in quality. The brass is the main reason to buy it, lol.

You certainly aren't buying either for their accuracy. :twocents:

G-Niner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Quote: "but I haven't heard too many great things about USA Ammo. I'll stick to factory for a little more."

So are you saying USAAmmo is not factory? I've never used it but was getting ready to order some, and was assuming it was factory new instead of reloads. Thanks.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Quote: "but I haven't heard too many great things about USA Ammo. I'll stick to factory for a little more."

So are you saying USAAmmo is not factory? I've never used it but was getting ready to order some, and was assuming it was factory new instead of reloads. Thanks.

They are factory reloads. I believe its on their site somewhere... I use it in my handgun. I've gone through at least 2K rounds of 9mm.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Looks like they opened it back up for some more... :eek:

Mixed headstamps? Thanks for the reply by the way.

They can be, I think they buy it all from police ranges... all mine have been the same so far though.

From their website:
    We purchase our brass, from indoor ranges only, for our factory remanufactured products, and process in-house on the State of the Art, Scharce Range Master machines. This allows us the ability to maintain a 'start to finish' controlled process for our remanufactured products. We only offer ammo we load ourselves. Please feel free to contact us for further specs on our products.

snowdrifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Next to Atterbury
    Just ordered 400 rounds of new .40 ammo for $70.34, which comes out to 17.6 cents per round. Best price I've ever found for .40 ammo. Looks like they had a few mix ups with the codes at first, but order seems to have gone through now.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I got the code, put the code in as a gift certificate to get it to work.

I couldn't pass it up really, 12 boxes of 9mm will be about $70 shipped when its all said and done.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I bought two coupons an just used them tonight. If you use MOREAMMO as a promo code at checkout, they'll pay half the shipping! :rockwoot:

Ah bummer, I never even thought abotu doubling it up. Nice call on the shipping.

I didnt think you could buy two of the coupons though. May have to look into that and get some .223 or something.

Edit, bought another coupon.

First order was 12 boxes of 9mm for $69 shipped (didnt use double coupon until the guy above mentioned it)
    Second order got 300rds .223 and another box of 9mm for about $57 shipped using the MOREAMMO coupon.

That is a crazy good deal.

Last edited:

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    So it actually allowed you to buy two coupons even though it said only 1 coupon per customer?

Fine Print

• Expires 12/22/2011.
    • Not valid with other offers
    • Limit 1 per person and 1 gift.
    • Limit 1 per visit
    • Valid on-line only
    • Tax and shipping not included
    • Massachusetts, Illinois and LA County residents must call USAammo.com to place an order.

BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle
    So it actually allowed you to buy two coupons even though it said only 1 coupon per customer?

Fine Print

• Expires 12/22/2011.
    • Not valid with other offers
    • Limit 1 per person and 1 gift.
    • Limit 1 per visit
    • Valid on-line only
    • Tax and shipping not included
    • Massachusetts, Illinois and LA County residents must call USAammo.com to place an order.

Sure did, I placed two separate orders within about 30 minutes of each other. On the USAammo site I also made two separate transactions.

First transaction: 500 rounds of 9mm FMJs
    Second transaction: 250 rounds of 45acp FMJs and one 50 count of JHPs

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I just bought 12 boxes of 9mm and used the "MOREAMMO" promo code and ended up paying about 8 cents a round. That is hard to beat.

Top Bottom