• ...and so much more!
  • Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Zimm1001 said:
    Is this still available? If so does it have a slide release on the right side? I am a left handed shooter.
    Thanks,

Just got this in a PM.

If all members did what I am doing right here we would all know to be on the look out.

If a member is willing to go around the rules how much do you wanna deal with them.

This person has 14 post I believe.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Just got this in a PM.

If all members did what I am doing right here we would all know to be on the look out.

If a member is willing to go around the rules how much do you wanna deal with them.

This person has 14 post I believe.

Whats he looking for? Maybe I can sell him one.:dunno::D

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    When I first joined, I understood that I could not post in the classifieds, either as an OP, or in response to an OP. Nowhere did I read to presume that I couldn't PM anyone to otherwise engage in a business transaction with them. My bad if I violated the written, or unwritten rules.

What, you didnt read all of the 359 stickys?
    :D

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I understand some folks want to work hard enough to get the 50 posts, then sell their crap in the classifieds. But, I am not a free market advocate in our microcosm of INGO as it is not my site! We are using someone else's servers, someone else's time spent in moderation, and someone else's dreams of making a shooting institution in Indiana. Fenway pays the bills, but also carries the burden of his ambition of making shooting history, a true Library of Alexandria of shooting in Indiana! :yesway:

I agree with another user here: Just make the classifieds unviewable until post 50 and unviewable to "guest" users. This, I feel, would make it less appealing to the Hoosier Chronic types if they cannot see what is moving and shaking in the "marketplace" of INGO but also make it a gamble in the mind of the deal snipers: Should they or should they not spend the 10 bucks (most that I have seen on the board seem like cheapskates or reseller ilk anyways) or work hard to get the 50 quality posts. I see alot of folks recently in the classifieds that have 50 or just a smidge above. They got their 50, then ran to the classifieds. They know who they are. Rule benders? Maybe, but they did serve their time, or at least in the eyes of the rules. I have dealt with some low post all stars. Thrice actually. Two ended in horrible failure on their part (and no transaction performed). The third was actually a guy that saw my ad on here and Hoosier Topics (I posted it over there for a higher price). He wanted the lower price and given that he is now a post contributing member now, I dealt with him. Good deal on that account. Now, I would never give low post all stars the time of day in regards to transactions. Sorry, but that is that.

I feel that making it hidden until 50 posts are completed or similar gives the board the more handy and less trashed up feel it has seemed to have recently, please in this regard: (to sound like Carl Sagan) Thousands and Thousands of users, how many are active and truely moving towards their goal of 50 on the board? Cant be more than a thousand that post more than a few a week out of the few thousand users present? Making the classifieds this "grail" type of achievement would severely reduce the quick buck fever of the Hoosier Topic Type (or what I like to call HTT). Makes it seem unobtainable in 5 minutes, so they move to another board to eek out their monetary dreams. :D

Just my two cents on this topic, but not a Hoosier Topic... :D

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I understand some folks want to work hard enough to get the 50 posts, then sell their crap in the classifieds. But, I am not a free market advocate in our microcosm of INGO as it is not my site! We are using someone else's servers, someone else's time spent in moderation, and someone else's dreams of making a shooting institution in Indiana. Fenway pays the bills, but also carries the burden of his ambition of making shooting history, a true Library of Alexandria of shooting in Indiana! :yesway:

I agree with another user here: Just make the classifieds unviewable until post 50 and unviewable to "guest" users. This, I feel, would make it less appealing to the Hoosier Chronic types if they cannot see what is moving and shaking in the "marketplace" of INGO but also make it a gamble in the mind of the deal snipers: Should they or should they not spend the 10 bucks (most that I have seen on the board seem like cheapskates or reseller ilk anyways) or work hard to get the 50 quality posts. I see alot of folks recently in the classifieds that have 50 or just a smidge above. They got their 50, then ran to the classifieds. They know who they are. Rule benders? Maybe, but they did serve their time, or at least in the eyes of the rules. I have dealt with some low post all stars. Thrice actually. Two ended in horrible failure on their part (and no transaction performed). The third was actually a guy that saw my ad on here and Hoosier Topics (I posted it over there for a higher price). He wanted the lower price and given that he is now a post contributing member now, I dealt with him. Good deal on that account. Now, I would never give low post all stars the time of day in regards to transactions. Sorry, but that is that.

I feel that making it hidden until 50 posts are completed or similar gives the board the more handy and less trashed up feel it has seemed to have recently, please in this regard: (to sound like Carl Sagan) Thousands and Thousands of users, how many are active and truely moving towards their goal of 50 on the board? Cant be more than a thousand that post more than a few a week out of the few thousand users present? Making the classifieds this "grail" type of achievement would severely reduce the quick buck fever of the Hoosier Topic Type (or what I like to call HTT). Makes it seem unobtainable in 5 minutes, so they move to another board to eek out their monetary dreams. :D

Just my two cents on this topic, but not a Hoosier Topic... :D

Plus ONE!! :yesway:

rhinoabe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Jennings Co.
    I to broke the rule the other day by PM-ing a member in the classifieds ( i will not do it again). One thing that has me bugged is that i know two members that when they became site supporters there post jumped to 50??. I am a site supporter and i didn't get any free post..
    I became a member to read about reloading and i am learning allot.I ask questions when i need to,but allot of answers i need can be found by searching past post.
    Rhinoabe

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I've been around a while and I'm sure that the posts don't jump when you become a site supporter. However, you do get access to all of the extra features. Looks like you should be good to go now.

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    Can you say "FREE MARKET CAPITOLISM"? My friend (8shot) contacted me with concerns about having a PM'ed offer rejected because of not having 50 posts. This gentleman is a very knowlegeable gun guy. And he has CASH! Hmmmmm let me think...If a retail business turns away cash buyers because he is not exactly computer savvy or active, how long can that business survive. He is a serious collector, not a deadbeat. He is old school. Lighten up on 'non-geeks' .....OK

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    I to broke the rule the other day by PM-ing a member in the classifieds ( i will not do it again). One thing that has me bugged is that i know two members that when they became site supporters there post jumped to 50??. I am a site supporter and i didn't get any free post..
    I became a member to read about reloading and i am learning allot.I ask questions when i need to,but allot of answers i need can be found by searching past post.
    Rhinoabe

Never seen that happen; I don't think their post count jumped to 50 just for becoming a site supporter, but I've been wrong before :)

Can you say "FREE MARKET CAPITOLISM"? My friend (8shot) contacted me with concerns about having a PM'ed offer rejected because of not having 50 posts. This gentleman is a very knowlegeable gun guy. And he has CASH! Hmmmmm let me think...If a retail business turns away cash buyers because he is not exactly computer savvy or active, how long can that business survive. He is a serious collector, not a deadbeat. He is old school. Lighten up on 'non-geeks' .....OK

But the classifieds here aren't a retail business; as said before, they're a BONUS for the community. Cash in hand or not, the rules are there, and they're there for a reason. Just my :twocents:

rhinoabe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Jennings Co.
    Yes this one gentleman only has six post 6 and his post count shows 55
    The other guy is a good friend of 15 years, he is the one that pointed it out to me.After he sent his money through paypal his count jumped over 50.
    rhinoabe

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    When I paid my $10, my post count jumped overnight along with my site supporter bar, placing me above the requisite 50 count.

'tis true. When you pay your money to become a Site Supporter, we (manually) set your post count to 50, which allows you to access the Classifieds. This went into effect when we upped the required post count and instituted the Site Supporter "buy in" option. Those who became Site Supporters prior to that policy change were not affected, and there have been a few times when we have missed folks (they were given the Site Supporter bar but their post count was not upped). What can I say? We're human and we screw up sometimes, but we have always corrected it upon being notified.

southern.in.guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    switzerland county
    I'm a newbee and I've read this hole thread from the first post to the last and it makes no sense to me that you guys feel so strongly about not letting less than 50 posters buy our sell in classified's but anybody with 10 bucks is ok. I've been a member for about 5 day's I'm not really concerned with my post count or buing or selling anything . I joined to learn something new or maybe help some less experenced guys with things there tring to learn about. If you guys feel it takes 50 post to get a feel for some body then so be it this doesn't bother me. But 10 bucks shouldn't buy your trust. The idea of making the classifieds private to only members with 50 post's is not a bad idea.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I'm getting tired of INGO'ers nit-picking on "the first fifty posts" . Seems like anytime a noob posts ANYTHING, somebody makes a comment about it.

I too have noticed that alot, i guess sometimes its warranted and other times its just people jumping the gun, I, myself, am relatively new to this site having just been on here for around month or so. I joined this site to learn from those who have much more experience then I, even though I grew up around firearms of every shape and size, I still have things I am unsure on and found a local site in which to learn. I did not even know the classifieds exsisted for the first day or so after I joined. I started posting questions about stuff I was trying to expand my knowledge on and trying to answer other members questions in areas of which I do have a fair understanding of, however, I was one of the newbies being accused by a member(no, i wont mention names) who had just a few more posts then me and had only been on the site for maybe a week longer then me of being one of these "classifeds snipers" or deal hunters or whatever you want to call them. now Ill admit, I am quilty of typing 1 or 2 short sentences, but not every post needs a novel written in my opinion. I had issues with this one particular person even after the mods checked all of my post and said i was perfectly fine and to this day this member still harasses me from time to time, its annoying and the mods are aware of it, While I can understand why the rule is in place and I agree with it; I just think that some overzealous members need to relax a tad and wait and see what a "newbie" does before jumping down their throats or accusing them of something that they "may" or "may not" do. So there has to be a happy medium somewhere here

My only suggestion to maybe help with this issue is to do what a couple of the muscle car forums in which I am a member of have done. That is to block the ability of those with less then a set number of post to pm anyone but a mod and to block the seeing of any classified section by those with low post counts. I think that alone will help this some but again, there is no magic bullet to fix everything or every situation.:ingo::patriot:

Top Bottom