Not open for further replies.

Jabberwocky

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    Muncie
    I've tried to reply to WTS posts and create one of my own. It won't allow me. It seems I have to have 50 posts to reply or create a post? WOW!! Hi all BTW.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Howdy, welcome to INGO and yes, that's the way it works. So, hang around, enjoy the threads, contribute your own thoughts and soon enough you are past 50.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've tried to reply to WTS posts and create one of my own. It won't allow me. It seems I have to have 50 posts to reply or create a post? WOW!! Hi all BTW.

Welcome to the Forum! :ingo:

Yes, you have it right, 50 posts. Make sure to make them quality posts, beyond obvious one-liners pointing to running for the classified section. The mods will remove your posts if they appear that way.

Jabberwocky

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    Muncie
    Welcome to the Forum! :ingo:

Yes, you have it right, 50 posts. Make sure to make them quality posts, beyond obvious one-liners pointing to running for the classified section. The mods will remove your posts if they appear that way.

I can't guarantee anything of quality will ever spring from my mind to the screen. I have read through several threads on various subjects and I recognize that the value of this forum goes well beyond buying and selling. I'll try not to post for the sake of running up my post count, as tempting as that is.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I can't guarantee anything of quality will ever spring from my mind to the screen. I have read through several threads on various subjects and I recognize that the value of this forum goes well beyond buying and selling. I'll try not to post for the sake of running up my post count, as tempting as that is.

Welcome to INGO. :welcome:

If you have not done so already, please read the FAQ which can be found in my signature below. It's pointed out in great detail why we have the 50 post rule because to the newcomer it can seem like an obscure rule for us to want to enforce.
    In order to participate in the classifieds, you must contribute to the forum by either:

1) content in the form of 50 quality posts (not one liners) or
    2) financially by becoming a site supporter. That information can be found here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/site_s..._are_here.html

Please remember, we are a forum first and then a place for classifieds. There is a plethora of information available here and that's what keeps people here and what allows us to have a classifieds section.

Thanks!
    :ingo:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

It's fine to intentionally run up your post count as fast as you'd like. Just make your posts something worth reading as opposed to obviously just for the count.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Welcome. Good idea not to run. If you read the FAQs, you will note that it says 50 "quality" posts. The mods have seen every form of shortcut there is and will slap you down if you try to make a run. Participate in discussions, ask questions, post pictures. It isn't that hard to get there. And while you are learning about INGO, we'll learn some about you. This is a community, not a free trading site, so knowing who we are dealing with is part of it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

It's easy. Pick up a gun magazine and start one of the timeless debates that professional authors use to pad their "post count" when they need a new article but there's nothing new to say.
    Glock vs 1911
    Is your j-frame enough?
    9mm, thanks to modern technology, just as good as a real gun!
    Will competition get you killed in the streets?
    AR or AK?
    What's the best bear gun?

That'll get you into the 100's, bare minimum.

:D

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here

Welcome to INGO! :wavey:

You'll do just fine. Just don't take some of the responses seriously because there are some members that may be a little critical with their responses, but they all mean well. At times, I have been guilty of it myself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom