• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    Working hard toward the "coveted 50th" comment.

I must say, I'm not 100% sure I understand the reasoning behind that policy...:dunno:

Any takers on explanations?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Sure. It was developed based on experience over time.

There are free gun classifieds sites out there. INGO is not one of them.

INGO is a gun community. The classifieds are a perk for contributing members. You can contribute either by becoming a site supporter and helping to pay for the servers or by contributing content which is the main thing that draws people to INGO. The idea is also that as you contribute content, people will get to know you at least a little and can then judge if they want to trade with you. Again, the idea is that this is a community. If you've seen the free sites, you know that there is a huge amount of BS out there. Developing a reputation and investing effort/money greatly cuts down on that problem.

Also, INGO has a trader reputation system. If you rip off an INGOer, it will likely get reported and you will find it much harder to do additional deals. Both the 50 post rule and the reputation system have made INGO a very good (but not perfect) site for fair trading.

If you aren't in a rush to get to the classifieds, then frankly the 50 post rule will have no effect on you. Just participate as normal. At some point after 50, when you decide to sell or spot something you want to buy, then you can just saunter into the classifieds and trade away. If you really need to get into the classifieds before 50, then pony up the site supporter fee ($20) and you can get in that day.

Last edited:

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    Sounds fair enough to me. The classifieds seem pretty nice, and I have no problem waiting and or supporting the site in order to access them.

I just wish I could respond to a couple of PMs that I got from people who know my family in NWI :D

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Yeah. Not having PMs as a newbie can be annoying. Unfortunately, experience showed that too many used the PMs as a way around the 50 post rule. So, the PM access was bumped to 50 as well. You can send/receive PMs to the Mods if needed before 50.

Edit: I don't know that it would be worth it to you, but paying the site supporter fee would also effectively get you access to those PMs.

Last edited:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Sounds fair enough to me. The classifieds seem pretty nice, and I have no problem waiting and or supporting the site in order to access them.

I just wish I could respond to a couple of PMs that I got from people who know my family in NWI :D

Just start a new thread called "Your all related in NWI" and you will be at 50 post in no time. :rofl:

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    Haha no kidding, that would be a quick route to take :yesway:

But what the heck, if it's just $20, how can I say no. Supporting a firearms community in my back yard is good enough reason for me.

Top Bottom