• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Carrying to the 500. who here has done this? It would be simple since all they really do is look in coolers and purses. If you deep conceal I bet you could get in very easily. I carry in my truck but not into the track unless I park in the infield.

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    I'm carrying to it, and if anything is said to me about it I'm going to tell them it can be on me, or it can be unattended in my car where any drunk ******* could break in and take it.

I'm probably going in uniform though, so I don't expect any trouble!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Hmmmm, what if you walk a couple few blocks or a mile and then you get caught? Then you have to walk all the way back. Plus do you plan on drinking? Drinking and handling a firearm is very irresponsible! Reguardless on the reason. I'm sure its against the raceways rules, but probably not illegal, IMO

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    Hmmmm, what if you walk a couple few blocks or a mile and then you get caught? Then you have to walk all the way back. Plus do you plan on drinking? Drinking and handling a firearm is very irresponsible! Reguardless on the reason. I'm sure its against the raceways rules, but probably not illegal, IMO

Yes, I'll have a beer or two. I'm not a heavy drinker and rarely go out with the impression I'm getting inebriated.

I'll most likely ankle holster it in. Better safe than sorry.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Not against the law, just the rules. Conceal on your person & don't do anything to make yourself stand out to the boys in blue (or the yellow shirts) & you should be fine. I carry everywhere I go, including the track. No problems so far.

Last edited:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    You know what's hilarious, is many years ago I saw a COPS episode from Indy around the time of the 500, and they followed the guys around the track showing all the "drunks" getting arrested.

They talked to a guy who a carrying openly... they check out his license, told him to cover up and sent him on his way... the PROBLEM is that it is against the city ordinance in Speedway to carry concealed!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    i have carried at IMS ..
    I even checked all the fine print on tickets & signs at gates..
    I did not see any rules listing it..

keep it covered , beware that some of the grandstands / suites might have a check point if a VIP is there..

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    So what. Do you not understand how this works?

Read more, post less.

Concealed carry means they don't see it. If they don't see it, they can't ask you to leave. If they don't ask you to leave, you are doing nothing wrong.

Easy enough?

BTW- what is it you hate to loose? Loosen your shoelaces? ;)

Biggdogg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Indianapolis/Greenwood
    So what. Do you not understand how this works?

Read more, post less.

Concealed carry means they don't see it. If they don't see it, they can't ask you to leave. If they don't ask you to leave, you are doing nothing wrong.

Easy enough?

BTW- what is it you hate to loose? Loosen your shoelaces? ;)

Why are you acting like an A$$ towards me...all I did was post a legitimate reply.

You're basically saying that it's o.k. as long as you don't get caught...and I'm cool with that. Not going to sit here and say that I haven't done the same thing. But from the way you made your last statement, it gives all the appearance that you didn't care about THEIR rights as property owners because THEIR rule isn't the "law".

And as far as reading more and posting less...maybe you should go back and read the post that CLEARLY states that it is ILLEGAL to CC in Speedway. So, why try and "encourage" someone do something that might ultimately get them (NOT YOU) in trouble.

Would you like salt with your foot, sir?

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Why are you acting like an A$$ towards me...all I did was post a legitimate reply.

You're basically saying that it's o.k. as long as you don't get caught...and I'm cool with that. Not going to sit here and say that I haven't done the same thing. But from the way you made your last statement, it gives all the appearance that you didn't care about THEIR rights as property owners because THEIR rule isn't the "law".

And as far as reading more and posting less...maybe you should go back and read the post that CLEARLY states that it is ILLEGAL to CC in Speedway. So, why try and "encourage" someone do something that might ultimately get them (NOT YOU) in trouble.

Would you like salt with your foot, sir?

I just reviewed SEVERAL posts that state it's not illegal. Where are you getting your information?

I'm NOW acting like an @$$ because once again, I'm defending my correct statements against a noob who either doesn't understand the difference between against the rules and illegal (and I've been using the correct terms so there should be no misunderstanding) or you just aren't reading correctly. Neither are my fault.

Biggdogg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Indianapolis/Greenwood
    I just reviewed SEVERAL posts that state it's not illegal. Where are you getting your information?

I'm NOW acting like an @$$ because once again, I'm defending my correct statements against a noob who either doesn't understand the difference between against the rules and illegal (and I've been using the correct terms so there should be no misunderstanding) or you just aren't reading correctly. Neither are my fault.

first of all...check the Town of Speedway and their city ordinances...it states that CC is prohibited within city limits. I already checked BEFORE I started saying anything about it one way or another. Speedway, IN Municipal Code see Title 9: Public Peace. Morals, and Safety.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Prohibited by what? Federal or State law? No? Who cares then?
    I was responding to singlestack who couldn't find the rules, just trying to clarify it for him. The Speedway prohibits firearms for anyone other than LEO. Whether someone follows those rules or not is up to them.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    first of all...check the Town of Speedway and their city ordinances...it states that CC is prohibited within city limits. I already checked BEFORE I started saying anything about it one way or another. Speedway, IN Municipal Code see Title 9: Public Peace. Morals, and Safety.

And where was this posted to support your "you need to read more as I read the post that said it was illegal?"

Do you know that "unlawful" does NOT mean "illegal"??

Unlawful means it is not a law written allowing it.

Illegal means there is a law forbidding it.

Fortunately, there is a STATE law written ALLOWING it and is therefore LEGAL.

Sorry.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I was responding to singlestack who couldn't find the rules, just trying to clarify it for him. The Speedway prohibits firearms for anyone other than LEO. Whether someone follows those rules or not is up to them.

I understand, just clarifying "prohibited".

Biggdogg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Indianapolis/Greenwood
    And where was this posted to support your "you need to read more as I read the post that said it was illegal?"

Do you know that "unlawful" does NOT mean "illegal"??

Unlawful means it is not a law written allowing it.

Illegal means there is a law forbidding it.

Fortunately, there is a STATE law written ALLOWING it and is therefore LEGAL.

Sorry.

LOL...LMAO...you're kidding me, right? You're trying to play a game of semantics and think that "unlawful" and "illegal" are two different things??? :laugh:

Do yourself a favor...go get a copy of Vernon's Civil Statutes, and a dictionary, before you start trying to talk about legal definitions.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana

thanks for the info.. they might have a rule agaist it.. but i was pointing out that At the track one has a hard time learning that rule..

my gate ticket only stated that I had no claim on my image & likeness .. L the waiver for the pit pass only limited the type of clothing & shoes..

and i am the type of person who looks for limits like that...

as for the town law, is IMS in the town of speedway? Has anyone ever been fined by speedway for CC in the past 20 years?

Top Bottom