• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Short answer why it costs so much? It can! to each his own. Some people pay thousand or even hundreds of thousands for "used" postage stamps. There will be supply of any product as long as there is demand for it. I have seen third world folks do all their cutting chores with a bit of sharp tin or broken steel does it work? sure. I choose to do my utility cutting with something more expensive that is my choice.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Oh and in my case I like to support guys like Hinderer, George, Emerson and the like that is my choice. Everyone can make their own choices on whatever matters to them. I learned long ago value and cheap are very very different words, My xm18 hinderer is in my pocket almost everyday and could do with a spa treatment but I work it like a dog and it will earn it's refurbishing. No one refurbishes a gas station special knife and no one knows when it will fail them. I work hard to make the money to have nice tools or at least tools I trust.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There are no nice 1911's for the same money.

Just as in knifes/guns/cars/bikes and even baseball bats there are all levels of expenditure and pleasure.

OP stated $500 and others in the $800 range. I have a few $800 1911's that I have enjoyed. I EDC one daily. Hell man, you can get a functional Glock for $500.

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The guy buying the $60k cadillac or lexus keeps the prices down on the chevrolets and toyotas. Does it make the $60k car worth 60k? Maybe...maybe not. The market kind of determines that. Does it make the $60k car impractical? Only if he/she has a hard time making the payments.

The contrarian philosophy is that everyone gets to buy the same knife at the same price. There is a word for that.....

A $500 knife is a bargain compared to a $18,000 hammer

Last edited:

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    A Rolex, diamond ring ? A new car (when the old one is still functional)? That knife seems to be a pretty good value compared to some of these things! Probably a better investment also.

tacticalfan72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Short and simple; Les George is the man!!! To go along with other custom makers named Les, you pay over 2K for a Les Baer 1911 because of the precision he makes his products with by hand. If you want to see some expensive knives that are primarily expensive due to supply and demand arizonacustomknives.com

Top Bottom