• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This would be a better alternative than the whole State sliding off into the ocean.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Why would the leftist masses in the state ever allow the folks that fund their foolishness to escape as long as there is one more drop of blood left to be sucked from them.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Or the fact that this is literally a group of approximately 11 old white idiots. Seriously.....this is a joke. You need just a bit more support than this to form a state.

Why would the leftist masses in the state ever allow the folks that fund their foolishness to escape as long as there is one more drop of blood left to be sucked from them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Or the fact that this is literally a group of approximately 11 old white idiots. Seriously.....this is a joke. You need just a bit more support than this to form a state.

What does "white" have to do with it? Is there something inherently wrong with happening to be born with white skin? Does being born white make one inherently poopier than people who aren't born white?

What does "old" have to do with it? Is there something inherently wrong with growing old, other than the fact that one's livelihood decays. Does growing old inherently make one poopier than everyone else who is young?

Are you seriously a racist? Are you seriously an ageist?

By "literally", do you mean that only 11 people support this, or do you mean that only 11 people are leading this movement, if you could call it a movement at this point. Either way, by "literally" you imply that you have some facts about this. Please share.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    It shows a lack of diversity in their group, and yes, I’m making a point of it. California is fairly diverse, at least last time I checked. If this group was anything serious, they would have a bit more diversity in their group. All I see is old white idiots in their news story. And please don’t twist my words. That doesn’t mean that all old white people are idiots. These people certainly are, though.

Count the people in the video. There were 11 in the conference room when I counted. TONS of support with this movement.....and diverse backing too. I’m sure they’ll make it far with their plans of making a “new California” :rolleyes:

What does "white" have to do with it? Is there something inherently wrong with happening to be born with white skin? Does being born white make one inherently poopier than people who aren't born white?

What does "old" have to do with it? Is there something inherently wrong with growing old, other than the fact that one's livelihood decays. Does growing old inherently make one poopier than everyone else who is young?

Are you seriously a racist? Are you seriously an ageist?

By "literally", do you mean that only 11 people support this, or do you mean that only 11 people are leading this movement, if you could call it a movement at this point. Either way, by "literally" you imply that you have some facts about this. Please share.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Well.....I apologize. I rewatched the video.....and there can be counted 13 supporters. Maybe they will gain some traction after all.

Oh, and also confirmed.....no diversity in their group whatsoever.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It shows a lack of diversity in their group, and yes, I’m making a point of it. California is fairly diverse, at least last time I checked. If this group was anything serious, they would have a bit more diversity in their group. All I see is old white idiots in their news story. And please don’t twist my words. That doesn’t mean that all old white people are idiots. These people certainly are, though.

Count the people in the video. There were 11 in the conference room when I counted. TONS of support with this movement.....and diverse backing too. I’m sure they’ll make it far with their plans of making a “new California” :rolleyes:

Why does diversity of skin color matter? Don't you mean diversity of culture? Of ideas? Of ideology? Of values? What about skin diversity by itself, just for the sake of that, has any value? Do freckled people have anything all that different to say about something than non-freckled people? And, as I see it, this is about rural values vs urban values. People who live in urban areas have different lifestyles, goals, interests, and values. Since the urban areas have such a higher number of people, the result is that the people in rural areas have to live by the laws of urban dwellers. It's fair for those people to rather live under laws that are better suited to rural life.

There's nothing wrong with urban culture per se. There's nothing wrong with rural culture per se. But they're different. It's a phenomenon of demographics that the people representing the interests of urban dwellers are old white guys. That you take issue with that seems very shallow to me. You're the one turning this into a thing about race. This is not a diversity argument. It's an argument of incompatible values.

And I'm not twisting your words. I'm taking them at face value, the logical conclusion of your use of the English language. If you didn't mean what your words meant, then there is likely a more precise way to say it.

About numbers. Maybe these old white guys are the only people in California who think about this seriously enough to organize the 11 of them (I'll take your word for the number). Or. Maybe they were encouraged by friends, relatives, acquaintances, neighbors, coworkers, and networks of those, to do this. If you have some facts on actual support, please share them and we can then conclude which. Other than that, it just sounds like you want to **** on an idea you don't like. It sounds like you want to make an us/them side, and **** on that side without much depth of consideration.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I do want to **** on this movement. Not because I don’t agree with it or like their idea.....but because it’s a joke. These people and their group are a complete joke.

And this is a diversity argument. To think that there’s only old white people in the land they want to become new California is ridiculous. Their group is completely homogeneous and lacking in any semblance of diversity. If their idea was any good or their group was serious, they would have more support and diversity. But they don’t.....because they lack the cognitive ability to organize something of substance. Instead, it’s like they gathered all of the 13 people at the senior citizen center and told them to take back their state, because MAGA.

Why does diversity of skin color matter? Don't you mean diversity of culture? Of ideas? Of ideology? Of values? What about skin diversity by itself, just for the sake of that, has any value? Do freckled people have anything all that different to say about something than non-freckled people? And, as I see it, this is about rural values vs urban values. People who live in urban areas have different lifestyles, goals, interests, and values. Since the urban areas have such a higher number of people, the result is that the people in rural areas have to live by the laws of urban dwellers. It's fair for those people to rather live under laws that are better suited to rural life. There's nothing wrong with urban culture per se. There's nothing wrong with rural culture per se. But they're different. It's a phenomenon of demographics that the people representing the interests of urban dwellers are old white guys. That you take issue with that seems very shallow to me. You're the one turning this into a thing about race. This is not a diversity argument. It's an argument of incompatible values. And I'm not twisting your words. I'm taking them at face value, the logical conclusion of your use of the English language. If you didn't mean what your words meant, then there is likely a more precise way to say it. About numbers. Maybe these old white guys are the only people in California who think about this seriously enough to organize the 11 of them (I'll take your word for the number). Or. Maybe they were encouraged by friends, relatives, acquaintances, neighbors, coworkers, and networks of those, to do this. If you have some facts on actual support, please share them and we can then conclude which. Other than that, it just sounds like you want to **** on an idea you don't like. It sounds like you want to make an us/them side, and **** on that side without much depth of consideration.

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Just to stir the pot...

A little browsing around their site (https://newcaliforniastate.com/) shows well over 11 people involved. Based on names alone, several appear to be female, and several likely have heritage outside of Western Europe. Not sure of melanin levels or age. I haven't taken the time to look up pictures for each name.

Is Paul Preston's idea likely to go nowhere? Sure. Do lots of folks kinda agree with the idea, anyway? Probably.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Just to stir the pot...

A little browsing around their site (https://newcaliforniastate.com/) shows well over 11 people involved. Based on names alone, several appear to be female, and several likely have heritage outside of Western Europe. Not sure of melanin levels or age. I haven't taken the time to look up pictures for each name.

Is Paul Preston's idea likely to go nowhere? Sure. Do lots of folks kinda agree with the idea, anyway? Probably.

Is there a standardized average melanin level an idea, proposed law, or what have you must achieve before it is considered minimally acceptable diverse?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Lots of virtue signaling. They should be diverse. Because diversity is all that matters. Not whether it's a good idea or not, just a room full of people who look different from each other. We get it. Everyone knows you care about diversity.

I don't think anything will come of this because of political realities. But I applaud their efforts. I hope they pull it off. And I'm sure if they do, anyone who wants to live there will be able to, regardless of age, race or other demographics.

Top Bottom