• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Beretta makes a 98 version of the 92 in 9x21 since Italians are not allowed to own military rounds. Would guess Glock thought about doing it to see if it would sell in Italy, but with only 3 made, looks like it didn't pan out.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    What in the world is a 9x21 anyway? .

Seems like it was popular in some shooting sports for awhile. Kinda like the .38 super, you saw them in competitions but nobody ever actually carried it for self-defense or duty use. As far as why that is, I have no idea.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Seems like it was popular in some shooting sports for awhile. Kinda like the .38 super, you saw them in competitions but nobody ever actually carried it for self-defense or duty use. As far as why that is, I have no idea.

Only difference is the 38 super is around. I know 2 people that still carry a 38 super.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    The really funny part is the 9 X 21 (9mm Largo) is actually a military caliber used by the Italians during WW2. I have an Astra 400 that is barrel marked 9MM/38. I purchased a few boxes of 9mm Largo (9mm X 21) surplus rounds. I took a few apart and weighed the bullets, then fired several rounds through the Crony to measure velocity, I compared the loads to the 38 Super in my loading manual and it was identical to the 38 Super loads. I measured the brass & found they are within spec for a 38 super, I have reloaded and fired several rounds of the "38 Super" through the gun with no issues whatsoever. I do remember seeing ads in magazines from the 50's advertising the military surplus guns using the 9 X 21 as "9 mm Magnums".

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    This is from Glock Talk regarding a G19 in 9x21
    "9x21 G19
    Perhaps the rarest of all Glocks is the 9X21 G19. Three special agents of the US Naval Investigative Service were being stationed in Italy with some work being done incognito. Since it is illegal for civilians to carry standard 9mm (9X19) weapons, Glock produced 3 model 19s chambered for the 9X21 cartridge. The pistols are marked with the new caliber on the frame and barrel and have serial numbers EN260US, EN261US and EN262US."

9x21 glock 19 - Glock Talk

Kind of neat. Worth 51K? Not really, but if it is the story is right, I think it is pretty neat.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Definitely neat with a cool story, not super cool, but 1 of 3 is a pretty darn rare pistol.
    $51k is what it brought, all I can say is WOW.
    Unfired seems unlikely since it was carried by US Naval officers. You'd think they would have to shoot it some, but who knows....
    I would be more worried about it being a fake.

The only collectable Glock I would like to have is a Gen1 19 - smooth frame first gen release. They didn't make too many of those either.

Top Bottom