• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Hmm, for MORE than 80 you can get a water pump/filter included...

Shelf Reliance® Deluxe BPA Free 55-gallon Barrel Water Storage System

Otherwise I don't know, shipping will kill you on those...

I believe this is the cheapest place I found semi-locally, no idea how much shipping would cost though. Although if you are interested in splitting some shipping let me know (if you are in/near indy...)

New Poly Drums - New Plastic Drums - New Open Head Poly Drums -  New 12 Gallon Poly Drums, New 14 Gallon Poly Drums, New 15 Gallon Poly Drums, New 20 Gallon Poly Drums, New 30 Gallon Poly Drums, New 55 Gallon Poly Drums.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Hmm, for MORE than 80 you can get a water pump/filter included...

Shelf Reliance® Deluxe BPA Free 55-gallon Barrel Water Storage System

Otherwise I don't know, shipping will kill you on those...

I believe this is the cheapest place I found semi-locally, no idea how much shipping would cost though. Although if you are interested in splitting some shipping let me know (if you are in/near indy...)

New Poly Drums - New Plastic Drums - New Open Head Poly Drums -* New 12 Gallon Poly Drums, New 14 Gallon Poly Drums, New 15 Gallon Poly Drums, New 20 Gallon Poly Drums, New 30 Gallon Poly Drums, New 55 Gallon Poly Drums.
    Wow, thanks for that last link. I happen to have some family coming in this weekend from KY. I don't know if they still have a pickup truck or not to be able to bring any of these, but I'm gonna ask now.

I don't know what shipping costs. I know another company sells them new for $80 with "free shipping".

RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    the company used to be called "UNIVERSAL FLAVORINGS" and was in Park Fletcher by the airport, but east of I-465. anyway they used to sell the heavy blue poly-ethylene barrels that their extracts came in. they were really cheap, (I know because I bought ten and I'm a real tight wad). I hope you can find their location here in Indy and let everyone know.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    the company used to be called "UNIVERSAL FLAVORINGS" and was in Park Fletcher by the airport, but east of I-465. anyway they used to sell the heavy blue poly-ethylene barrels that their extracts came in. they were really cheap, (I know because I bought ten and I'm a real tight wad). I hope you can find their location here in Indy and let everyone know.

Do they come with the bright red flammable stickers on them? I picked up a couple barrels and buckets that held extracts (alcohol based I'm guessing?) that had them on there, even though they were used for food stuffs.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    There is a place a little NW of downtown called Indiana Naval Stores Co., Inc. I've purchased new steel drums for fuel storage and food-grade buckets for food storage. You can google their website, and it gives you an idea of what they have and get the address and phone number, but there aren't prices on the website.

They mostly deal with business and small industries, but if you know where they are you can walk in an buy. They are very nice people there and I thought the prices were good.

There's no big sign outside, so mapquest the address and you'll find it.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    There is a place a little NW of downtown called Indiana Naval Stores Co., Inc. I've purchased new steel drums for fuel storage and food-grade buckets for food storage. You can google their website, and it gives you an idea of what they have and get the address and phone number, but there aren't prices on the website.

They mostly deal with business and small industries, but if you know where they are you can walk in an buy. They are very nice people there and I thought the prices were good.

There's no big sign outside, so mapquest the address and you'll find it.
    Called the Navy store. They don't usually stock the 55s in plastic. They require an order of at least 100 of them to purchase. :n00b:

irishanimal917

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    After seeing this thread I went over to Indianapolis Drum Service and picked up 4 of the 55 gal food grade drums for water storage, the total was $165.04 after tax. A few notes about this place: 1. You have to go to shipping & receiving to purchase and pay for the drums. 2. Call ahead (317) 357-9853and make sure they have what you want, they do run low on stock at times. 3. They take lunch from 11:30-12:00 daily and no one will be there to help you. 4. For all the high speed individual's, be patient, they are slower than molasses and move at their own pace, I was there for almost an hour with no one else being waited on as I was passed by several times at the loading dock after paying. 5. They do not carry or sale any form of pump for the containers nor do they know where you can get one locally. All in all, you can't beat the price for being able to go get them locally. Thanks for the thread, it was very helpful.

Tbald14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    I just picked up 3 from Indy Drum. Was in and out in less then 15 mins, I must have gotten lucky. Next step is to get some IBC for rain catchment.

Rexmage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2013
    Marshall Co
    Crazy prices, I remember 15 years ago people gave those blue ones away almost. I know a guy who lived about a mile south of my church, he had probably 500 in a pole barn, he'd give them away if you asked for some. Even if you tried to give him money he wouldn't take more than 5 bucks for one. Now I see more and more people using them, and heck the price has kinda kicked up a bit.

Top Bottom