• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    From a engineering aspect the QD mount system that Q suppressors uses is the best i have seen. They use tapered surfaces to align the suppressor to the muzzle device instead of relying on threads for concentricity. They also place the threads behind the tapered aligning surface so that they can't get gummed up with carbon buildup. They have the Thunder Chicken (long) and Trash Panda (short) that are 30 caliber QD cans.

Thunderbeast Arms makes some good stuff to. They also uses tapers but put them behind the threads.

How is Qs system really any different than the Silencerco ASR, OSS, Rugged, or Sig? All these mounting systems have a taper then the threads behind them

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    Q, ASR, OSS, Rugged, Sig, and DeadAir mounting systems all seal on the taper protecting the threads from carbon, but Q, Deadair, and OSS have no locking collar so you can run them under a handguard like you can with a direct thread suppressor.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    How is Qs system really any different than the Silencerco ASR, OSS, Rugged, or Sig? All these mounting systems have a taper then the threads behind them

You are correct in that those other companies also use tapers for concentricity with the threads behind them.

I really like the non-indexing muzzle device Q sells to. Yes it has muzzle blast radially everywhere but it seems worth it to me; not having to deal with timing a muzzle device.

I also prefer how their cans don't have an outer sleeve and are just welded together. That's a bunch of weight they just got rid of and it still looks good. They also EDM their bores after they are welded.

Top Bottom