• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    They've always warned against standing in front of the microwave.
    Wait until testicles begin falling off.
    Current 5G running on 3.1 to just under 3.5 GHz and 4.4 to just over 4.9 GHz. You are bathing in those frequencies already if you have dual band router/wireless LAN - and because of inverse square likely at much higher amplitude than the pole unless it is right next to your house
    Thirty years ago, many truckers, dissatisfied with weak 4 watt CB radios, or even peaked and tuned units capable of 15~20 watts, went completely overboard and totally illegal with 1,000 watt linear RF amps, usually mounted on the floor behind the driver.
    When you keyed up the mike it sure seemed like the ambient temp in the cab went up. Something about them could give you a really "unsettled" feeling. Kinda tingly and queasy at the same time.
    We used to tell those drivers they would go sterile from baking their balls, but they just scoffed at us. I remember telling one grizzled coworker that, one day, he would hop down from the cab, and his berries would roll out the bottom of his pants leg.
    Good times.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Nuke it with 5G!
    If you put it next to a cell phone tower emitter, you actually may be able to cook bacon. Crispiness might be up for debate, though. Reminds me of the story of how the idea of the microwave originated. Apparently the idea came from when a radar magnetron melted someone's snack. I've also heard of stories of engineers using these emitters to warm sandwiches during WWII.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I remember hearing a (maybe?) tall tale of the radar operators up in Alaska bathing in the radar waves to stay warm during the cold war...until they started cooking their eyeballs from the intensity of the waves. No idea whether or not that's true though. On the other hand, it sounds just like something someone extraordinarily bored and cold might try.

Top Bottom