Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    6.0 magnitude earthquake hits near Napa in Northern California | abc7.com
    6.0 quake jolts Bay Area; outages, injuries reported - LA Times
    http://twitchy.com/2014/08/24/napae...tweet&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

I blame global warming, or conservatives in some way.

Magnitude 6.0 California earthquake is not associated with any known fault, USGS says

At least 15,000 customers without power across Northern California, utility provider PG&E's map shows

California Highway Patrol checking crossings and bridges for obvious signs of structural integrity after quake

This is what happens when an earthquake hits wine country:

BvzX5IEIAAAXgtL.jpg:large

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Ground she's moving under me. Tidal waves out on the sea.

i've never seen a tornado and never felt an earthquake. I do drink wine though so this affects me a little.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Ut oh, he's on to us sneaky conservatives sneaking in and sneakily warming globes just to undermine the success of our opponents by causing earthquakes and wine wreckage.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    i've never seen a tornado and never felt an earthquake.

I was in the Santa Monica mountains about 9 miles from the epicenter of the North Ridge Earthquake in 1994. 6.7. Whoa baby, it badly scared me and the cat, I thought the house was coming apart around me, altho I actually only suffered some drywall cracking. (Took me 20 minutes to find the cat - inside the house. He was hiding under a bunch of stuff in a closet). It trashed a lot of structures in the Valley and Santa Monica, tho, and some bridges. What a mess. One of the first casualties after the quake was a motor cycle policeman responding to work, he found out too late that the bridge ended halfway across.

I had been in sizable earthquake before (in Europe) but the North Ridge one was stunning. I was so sensitive to movement after that I could feel traffic driving by on the road which was probably three hundred yards or more away.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana

i've never seen a tornado and never felt an earthquake. I do drink wine though so this affects me a little.

I dont know where Ima gonna go when da volcano blows.......

I've been through a number of earthquakes, including a 7+ in Japan and a 5.5 a few weeks ago in South Africa. Not a good feeling at all being on the 18th floor of a high rise and bobbing up and down and side to side like a boat on the ocean!!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Really?

I've felt the small tremors we've had around here. 20+ years ago, there was one that I felt in Bedford...it rattled the dishes pretty good for a number of seconds. I remember seeing tornados when I was a kid in OK--never saw one in person since but they've been too close for comfort a few times. Now, tidal waves, volcanoes, wild-fires--I'm good without ever seeing them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Really?

I've felt the small tremors we've had around here. 20+ years ago, there was one that I felt in Bedford...it rattled the dishes pretty good for a number of seconds. I remember seeing tornados when I was a kid in OK--never saw one in person since but they've been too close for comfort a few times. Now, tidal waves, volcanoes, wild-fires--I'm good without ever seeing them.
    I've never felt a tremor here, even though I always hear of them after the fact. I've only seen one tornado in person, but had a lot of damage from the one back in September of 2002 that came through Martinsville and the southside of Indy. I was on a golf course up on the north side for the one I saw back in the early 90's, and it was close enough that I could have hit a drive into it. But I was God's own drunk and a fearless man for that one... :):

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    6.0 magnitude earthquake hits near Napa in Northern California | abc7.com
    6.0 quake jolts Bay Area; outages, injuries reported - LA Times
    #NapaEarthquake: Earthquake hits Napa Valley, Calif.; Damage, fires reported [on-scene photos] | Twitchy

I blame global warming, or conservatives in some way.

Magnitude 6.0 California earthquake is not associated with any known fault, USGS says

At least 15,000 customers without power across Northern California, utility provider PG&E's map shows

California Highway Patrol checking crossings and bridges for obvious signs of structural integrity after quake

This is what happens when an earthquake hits wine country:

BvzX5IEIAAAXgtL.jpg:large

I may not be a huge fan of California, but that is one sad sight to behold. :(

Top Bottom