• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ashenfang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Thats what I was told when applying for my LTCH today! I held a LTCH for 8 years when I accidentally let it expire. (I thought I had another month to renew but I didn't) So today I got around to filling out the application, paying the fees, and getting fingerprinted. When I was finished she said, "You should receive your license in 6 to 12 months."

Sheesh. Is it really taking this long? Is there really that much of an influx in new applications?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thats what I was told when applying for my LTCH today! I held a LTCH for 8 years when I accidentally let it expire. (I thought I had another month to renew but I didn't) So today I got around to filling out the application, paying the fees, and getting fingerprinted. When I was finished she said, "You should receive your license in 6 to 12 months."

Sheesh. Is it really taking this long? Is there really that much of an influx in new applications?

Yes. I lost mine and went through the process and still have not received my replacement.

ashenfang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    I don't know if that is good or bad. Good that there are people out there who want to protect themselves. Bad that it causes a huge delay and makes me question how many of those people will actually carry.

I don't understand the reason for everyone wanting a LTCH. You don't need one to buy a gun and any of the possible federal legislation out there has nothing to do with obtaining a LTCH.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Wow. Sorry guys.

I had to renew mine about a year ago, and I got it back in exactly seven days (mailed on Saturday, received on Saturday). Did you do the electronic fingerprint thing?

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Let it expire ??? Why would you not get a lifetime license
    confused_zpsbac326a9.gif

ashenfang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    As much as I would like to do a lifetime permit, its a money thing. I did the electronic fingerprints.

jstarbuck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I also did the electronic fingerprints and went to the City-County building last week Tuesday. They told me 4-6 weeks and my husband within 4 weeks because we did the electronic fingerprints. We were told it would be 4-6 months or more if we did paper fingerprints.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    The facts and figures elude me at the moment, but there is a time frame enunciated in state law concerning issuing a LATCH.... And six months isn't it. I am sure that there are guys here who has the code cite right at their fingertips. I have been amazed that the state police commonly fly in the face of state law and have never been legally challenged. State law states that a latch will be acted on in a certain amount of time and there are no provisions for excuses.

I know that they are swamped, but how does that give them a pass? If I was swamped and couldn't conduct myself within the confines of state law then I would be subject to prosecution. No excuses are valid unless they are prescribed by law.

I am lucky enough that I got the lifetime LATCH when it first came up, so I don't have to worry about it anymore. If some of you new guys got together and demanded a hearing on the state police not fulfilling their obligations as put forth in law, then they would be forced to hire employees dedicated to the task.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    I had to renew mine about a year ago, and I got it back in exactly seven days...

That's hardly relevant now.

When I applied and paid the fees on Feb 22nd I was told they were still processing apps from Sept.

If I'm lucky I might have mine by July.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    My bro in law applied with L1 the second week of December and got his about 10 days ago....my niece applied the week before Christmas and got hers last week. My renewal converting to lifetime was done with L1 on Jan 26th and I haven't heard a word and I won't start worrying about it until May...my license doesn't expire until December anyway.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    As with everything else this is panic driven. The ISP are probably being over whelmed with applications now. Nothing left to do but be patient. Look at it this way if you do not own a handgun may not find one or if you do there is no Ammo to be had for it.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The ISP are probably being over whelmed with applications now. Nothing left to do but be patient.

So, "overwhelmed" is a viable defense against a violation of the law? You are incorrect about there being nothing left to do, as I stated in my previous post.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    My father paid for my 4 year LTCH when I turned 18, and I renewed it for a lifetime LTCH on Dec 21st. Still haven't received it. It doesn't expire until August, so I'm not worried. They initially told me 4 months, so it should be on its way soon. If I didn't currently have a LTCH, I'd be quite frustrated though. I believe it took only 3 weeks my first time around.

WolfishMammal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Morgan Couty
    I also submitted my fingerprints electronically, and that lady told me it would take about 4 weeks to get it in the mail. The secretary at my local police department told me it would probably take a few months, though.

Top Bottom