• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I have decided I'm going to take the plunge and do a 6.5 Grendal as my next AR but I'm stuck on a barrel length. I'm going to either go with a 18" or 20". I know most of these are into the 24" length but that's just a bit more than I want to tote around and I'm just not sure as Id need one with a barrel that long. For those that shoot Grendal what would be the length I should go with 18" or 20"?

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Ok, I know this is an old post by internet standards and you have likely already moved on, but I was searching for info on optimal barrel lengths for a new build and came across your question. I know absolutely nothing about 6.5 Grendel, however, I believe the attached article would still be applicable regardless of caliber. To summarize, an extensive study was done using various barrel lengths to determine the optimal length for accuracy. The surprising result was that it did not matter! Hope this helps.

The Truth About Barrel Length, Muzzle Velocity and Accuracy - The Truth About Guns

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ha ha I actually ended up going with a 20". I was so tore on which one to get that I just went with the barrel length that I didn't have in any other AR platform. :):

Top Bottom