• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Microairman1

Marksman
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    May 9, 2016
    New carlisle
    Working on tooling up to reload 6.5 grendel and hearing mixed things about some brass only having a life cycle of 1 or two reloads. Anyone experience that?

Also, if anyone has a good source for once fired 6.5 grendel brass Or even brass they want to get rid of let me know. Looking to see what I can get

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I have not loaded it personally, but we usually have a few different brands of brass in stock for the 6.5 Grendel. I'm not sure exactly what we currently have in stock, things have been busy recently. If you call the store during business hours, I can see what we have in stock.

It's probably close to a 2 hour drive from New Carlisle, but if you ever happen to be making a drive to Indy, we are right along the way.

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    I have Hornady brass that has been reloaded 4 times and I don't anneal. There is quite a bit of info on the 6.5 grendel forum site. The brass I have read or heard people don't like is PPU. It is supposedly harder and doesn't last as long (i.e. only a few reloads). So some guys use PPU for hunting. That way if they lose brass in the field, they don't care.

I have only shot Hornady and Wolf factory ammo and my reloads. Have some Starline brass but haven't used it yet, but seems popular especially for the price. I would look directly at Starline's web site if interested. If not in stock, it usually becomes available for back order which normally ships in a week or so. YMMV

Top Bottom