• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Got mine today. Looked one over when I got home. Man these things are nice! Well built! I can't wait to load one up (if I can figure it out ;) ) and get to the range! I think I might have to order some more ;)

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Man I wish I had this thing at NFA day!!!!!

drum.jpg

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Got ours last mon....has anyone had a chance to shoot to see if there are any jam issues? Also, how tight do you whine it up....3 turns....until it won't go anymore?
    The only thing I don't like it the rattle of the whine up...going to figure something out on that...I'm not sure if you taped it down if it turn as you fire or not...if so maybe some tape around it on the drum would do it.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Those drums are suppose to be good to go. The price is back up to $69.99 and they're sold out as of today. J&G does have some Romanian in stock for $69.99.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Well, I went ahead and ordered some... shipped out today...

I'll let you guys know a full RR when I get them and get a chance to test them.
    Holy crap... 13 hours and 29 minutes from the pickup time at AIM to the drop-off time at my house... now that is fast shipping...

I'll let you guys know how they look when I get home...

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I've got mine loaded and ready to try out, gonna post a review as soon as I get time to get out and get it done.

Loaded one up last night... before I even found the loading instructions. I fit 76 rounds in the first drum, almost got 77 but couldn't quite get it.... then I found the directions... the process for loading the rounds into the neck of the drum just confused me. They have some complicated process of dropping the rounds into the first 4 positions in the drum, then rotating the dics up then back and then filling the drum. But if you want to get 75 rounds in you have to do this twice. Why not load the drum up, close the back, then stand it upright and drop the round in the mag from the top before you tension the spring? There is no tension and they just drop right in this way. I also don't see why they only put 73 or 75 rounds in, 76 will fit. Is there any reason not to put 76 in?

BTW, build quality seems really great. They're definitely made very well. The only thing I noticed (noticed it due to my own screw-up) was that the small catch attached to the spring, that the winding key lines up with seems pretty cheap. I accidentally wound it the wrong way the first time and that part unscrewed from the spring shaft, and it was very difficult to get back in again because the thread quality seemed sub-par.

However, that shouldn't ever be an issue if you don't do stupid things like wind it the wrong way. :D:wallbash:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I got confused by their directions as well, so I went to youtube and looked up a couple of videos on how to load it. I tried those methods and only got 73 rounds in, but they did give me a good understanding of how the mag functions, which is what I really needed. So then I went back and used the directions that came with the drum, and it worked perfectly, and I fit 75 rounds no problem.

One thing you need to make sure of is when the mag is completely loaded that you dont have any rounds behind the follower. I think that will cause an issue at the end of the drum.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    One thing you need to make sure of is when the mag is completely loaded that you dont have any rounds behind the follower. I think that will cause an issue at the end of the drum.
    Yes, it will, however rounds behind the follower isn't so much a problem as empty spaces in front of the follower. Rounds behind the follower will probably just cause a jam, I don't think it could do much damage. But if you look at the way the mag and follower work, you will notice that if you leave space in front of the follower, once that last round before the empty space goes up into the neck of the drum, the mag will free spin until something stops it. That something could be more rounds, which could possibly be damaged by the "sudden stop" or crashing together. However, with the way the follower works, if its just empty space in front of the follower, the mag will free-spin and when the follower gets to the neck it will follower up the next like it is supposed to, but the disc will continue to spin, the inertia of the spinning disc will bend and possibly break the follower.

Top Bottom