• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Some prosecutors and courts amaze me. The guys who recently stabbed a man and then followed the victim to the hospital shooting up the victims family's car and firing 30 rounds into the ambulance received a 60 year sentence. The thing that amazed me is the decision the courts made to drop firearms related charges. Here's the text of their decision:

"In exchange for the 60-year prison sentence, additional charges of carrying a handgun without a license and criminal gang activity were dismissed, as was a pair of probation violations in two unrelated felony gun cases."

So this POS is on probation for two other felony gun cases, a member of a known gang and carrying without a license and they drop these weapons related charges. They want to take away my rights, but tell convicted felons it's OK for them to break the law. The media and anti-gunners jump all over law abiding gun owners, but don't seem to care in the least when convicted criminals posses, carry and use weapons illegally.

I realize the shooter got 60 years for the other charges, which means he gets room and board, free meals, free medical care, free dental care and probably an education at taxpayer expense. He'll gain status in the 'hood and probably be released early. Where's the deterrent? Where's the outrage from the public over this weapon violation?

Ok, I'll calm down now and remove myself from the "Rant" mode.

Last edited:

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    It makes no sense to me.
    Time and again it's repeat offenders. Many times those with a long violent criminal record. People who should have been taken off of the street long ago to never be part of society again.
    This idea of reform doesn't work with the majority of these types and the system needs to recognize it and change.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Rope is far cheaper. But it's not politically correct.

Even I'll say ditto! :):

I have no first hand experience with the legal system, but why do you need to have an exchange for what appears to be an open and shut case? Why is there any leniency whatsoever for this thug?

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Proof that more gun laws will accomplish . . . exactly NOTHING.

(Which they're not intended to btw. Purported benefits are simply plausible political cover to advance their agenda of control and erosion of liberty.)

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Personally I am happy to see this dirt bag get 60 yrs because I am a Paramedic and I hope this will deter worthless POS like this guy in the future. I do agree that they should have charged and convicted him with every account they could. Hell maybe he could have got 80 yrs who know. However this is how our justice system works now a days. Plea bargain must be the first thing they teach in law school!!

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Personally I am happy to see this dirt bag get 60 yrs because I am a Paramedic and I hope this will deter worthless POS like this guy in the future. I do agree that they should have charged and convicted him with every account they could. Hell maybe he could have got 80 yrs who know. However this is how our justice system works now a days. Plea bargain must be the first thing they teach in law school!!

Ideally someone would have shot him there on the scene and it would never be an issue again. Case closed.

grasshopperlegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Cartersburg.
    After working in the Dept of Corrctions for so many years I can see why these guys get out and do more crimes. I'm not talking bad crimes but things like weed,non support,trespassing and even traffic offender. The state isn't trying to help them by giving them some kind of trade like they use to. It is just a holding tank for offenders and so what are they going to do when they get out ? You guess it. It has come to my attention that now that this Private Company Geo it is even worse for the offenders and the employees that they hire.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah, you guys are a lil too sensitive. I think the "attempted murder" charges kinda weigh more than the "possession of a handgun" charges. When you "stack" charges, some are always going to be dismissed. That's the nature of the game. This has nothing to do with firearms.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If it makes you guys feel any better, if I was on his jury I'd vote to acquit on any charges related to the carrying or possession of a weapon.

I think the point is the political practice of talking out of both sides of their mouths. They tell us that guns need to be more restricted and more illegal in order to stop crime while refusing to punish criminals for things that are already illegal. I am with you, however, that violation of an infringement on a right not to be infringed cannot justify conviction on possession rather than misuse.

Ectoman86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I remember that happening. Freaked the ambulance drivers in the area out. For those of you that don't know it happened at Pierre's in Fort Wayne.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Out of curiosity, what do you think would have been different if he'd plead to the weapons charges instead of, or in addition to, 4 attempted murder charges?

Top Bottom