• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Does anyone else think that this, following on the heels of Reid/Pelosi's objections, is almost too good to be true?

When a politician waves one hand, watch very closely to see what they are doing with the other...

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    One of my Rep's names was on it -- Ellsworth. Buyer's name wasn't on it, but I don't know if it was a Democrat only deal. I emailed him anyway to express my thoughts :).

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    They forgot to add "Call us again when we can get away with it." :rolleyes:

Yes. I happen to think we are safe from an AWB until the next election. Then we'll see.

The Dems face a conflict between those who fund their elections - the crazy far left - and those who elect them - the margins at the middle who can flow either way. Recent polling shows that they're already losing the fickle middle.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'm betting that, even if the word got around to everyone, gun and ammunition sales wouldn't drop much right now.

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    I just sent the following email to my rep - Brad Ellsworth.

I'd just like to thank you for standing up to Eric Holder & letting him know that you do not support any attempts on the Obama administrations behalf to limit the rights of law abiding gun owners. This is the #1 topic in determining how I vote. I'd also appreciate your standing up against the excessive & waistful spending coming out of Washington that now seems to be the new norm (at least more normal than usual)....

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    When a politician waves one hand, watch very closely to see what they are doing with the other...

Guess I'm not the only one thinking this. From a law enforcement forum:

I don't claim to be all that smart but what it looks to me like is happening with this and the destruction of once-fired military brass policy that was just issued/rescinded is that the [Obama] Administration is probing our defenses.

They put forth an anti-gun move in the form of some anonymous "policy" where no one has to stand up in front of a camera and make a vote or speech that the people can see for the record, rather than pass a bill that might help cost them their majority in two years.

They stick their toe in the water to check the temperature. So far something has bitten that toe in each case. Watch out for Holder, and keep your teeth sharp.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Guess I'm not the only one thinking this. From a law enforcement forum:

I don't claim to be all that smart but what it looks to me like is happening with this and the destruction of once-fired military brass policy that was just issued/rescinded is that the [Obama] Administration is probing our defenses.

They put forth an anti-gun move in the form of some anonymous "policy" where no one has to stand up in front of a camera and make a vote or speech that the people can see for the record, rather than pass a bill that might help cost them their majority in two years.

They stick their toe in the water to check the temperature. So far something has bitten that toe in each case. Watch out for Holder, and keep your teeth sharp.

I subscribe to that theory. Use existing government agencies to tighten policies all the while probing for weaknesses, what will draw public ire and what will not. The all out assault will come after the elections or some man made disaster where Obama can have an all out media cry to ban guns from the bitter clingers.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I think the one saving grace is that we now have a signed document that states their position in unequivocal terms. It makes it much easier down the line to have it to point to and say "So, were you lying then or are you lying now?" It will be much more difficult for them to weasel out of it.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I think the one saving grace is that we now have a signed document that states their position in unequivocal terms. It makes it much easier down the line to have it to point to and say "So, were you lying then or are you lying now?" It will be much more difficult for them to weasel out of it.

I agree, yet so often they manage to do so. I'm thinking of the Iraq war authorization. Months later, with a straight face, they were able to pretend that they'd had nothing to do with it.

In this instance, however, I think it's pure self-interest. They mean what they signed because it's key to their reelections. And we know there's one thing a politician is sincere about: their desire to be reelected.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Our support from these people is a mile wide and a millimeter deep. Don't let your defenses down for a second.

Top Bottom