• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    If you could take a moment of silence sometime today to honor all the brave soliders that lost their lives today as the allies did the greatest sea invasion in history by landing in Normandy and breaking Hitler's Atlantic Wall.

d02343-550x453.jpg

:patriot:

More info about D-Day can be found here: http://www.dday.org/

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Every time I think of D-day I get chills. The bravery and courage demonstrated by those men cannot be put into words. The sacrifices they made can never be repaid.

Thanks to all the brave soldiers that kept the fight there and not here.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    In this column I want to tell you what the opening of the second front entailed, so that you can know and appreciate and forever be humbly grateful to those both dead and alive who did it for you.

-Ernie Pyle, June 12, 1944

D-Day was truly the crowning achievement of all US military operations. The greatest generation kicked ass, saved Europe and liberated France all at once. Meanwhile in France.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I am so glad that today's media wasn't around back then. The headlines would have ripped the generals a new one crying over the number of lives lost in just the first few minutes of the invasion.

Thankfully they weren't, and the troops that entered Europe and put an end to the Hitler reign of terror can never be truly thanked enough.

Also thankfully today's troops are just as amazing, and even with the media ripping them apart, continue to protect this great country regardless as to cost. THANK YOU to all who served, and are serving.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    My Father was one of the brave men to land on the beach and live to tell about it. He was lucky as he also lived to tell about the battle of thee budge, the crossing of the Rine as well as many other battlefields, many did not return. I often wonder what was going through his mind at the time as my sister, his first born was born just a week before the landing.

My Father passed away on May 30th 1984 and was a great man as I'm know they all were.:patriot:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Dad landed at Omaha and went on to be with 3rd Army at the Metz Offensive and the Ardennes Counter-Offensive (BOTB). He left us September 11, 1999. Here's to Dad and the rest. :patriot:

Viking Queen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Colorado
    Just to think of what they endured and accomplished takes my breath away.

Dad was Marine in South Pacific, Mom was also a Marine during WWII and is still with me at age 93.

God bless the greatest generation for what they did for our generation :patriot:

GLOCKBOY

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    Those guys were amazing! They knew their chances were slim yet the charged in and got it done. Hats off to that generation!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    According to my Great-Uncles D-Day was just another ****ing day in hell, nothing special about it...

In your Remembrances of the 6th of June let us not forget the days Prior and After of that...
    We have left a LOT of Our Innocence behind over the Years...

Top Bottom