• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Why is there so much 686 torment in the classifieds. I suffered, for weeks, with one local to me being up for grabs- it finally sold. Relieved, I look back in the classifieds and BOOM, another one local. :(

I've got one, a 686+ and I don't NEED another. Fantastic revolver, probably the finest 357 ever made. I'll never get rid of it and my sons and daughters can fight over it when I'm gone. Mine has the lock, which doesn't bother me.

What does bother me is the pre-lock, pre-mims showing up in the classifieds. So, please, someone grab these so I am no longer tormented.:laugh:

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    Back in the mid 80s The S&W Perfromance Center put out several 686 versions with slab barrels and interchangable barrel weights that fit into the huge under lug. I had two of them back then when I was shooting league and still dream of having one again. Those were the days...:yesway:

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    They are tempting me as well. I would be killed by my wife if I bought another gun so soon, especially since I bought my safe yesterday. That would make 5 guns and a safe in 3 months, she would not be a happy woman. Plus I am thinking about a 1911 commander.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I've noticed those little beauties showing up in there also... Would love to pick up that one in Demotte, but no funds right now... You can never have too many guns... Good luck to whomever can afford them..

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I feel ya brother... I have a 4 inch L frame that shoots like a dream. Best double action trigger I have ever felt. Got the want for a 6 inch to go with it... but can't make it happen just yet. If I can find me a large loop .357 lever action, then I will start saving for the L frame next.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I have one for each day of the week. I'm not sure if it is an addiction or not. No one has said that I should go to rehab............... Yet!

Rehab? No, no, no:D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUmZp8pR1uc&ob=av3n[/ame]

I what a 686, with a 7 shot cylinder & a 5 inch barrel

Enjoy some of these 5" beauties. My fav is the unfluted cylinder.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-revolvers-1980-present/91515-686-5-5-full-lugged-barrel.html

I feel ya brother... I have a 4 inch L frame that shoots like a dream. Best double action trigger I have ever felt. Got the want for a 6 inch to go with it... but can't make it happen just yet. If I can find me a large loop .357 lever action, then I will start saving for the L frame next.

I hear ya! Although, for me, if any of them would have been a snub I would have to have gotten it:rockwoot:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    well i just need a 2 1/2"....686-4's...if you do get one of them ....they turn into more!!!....

2exxd39.jpg

P-Shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Buddy of mine got one for cost because he worked for corrections some years back. Shortly afterwards, he got a job down south and needed cash for the move. Got a 4" six shot for under $300 NIB...likely the best deal I'll ever see...:rockwoot:

Top Bottom